N-Europe

Lik-sang and taxes etc.

MindFreak

Hey.

I want a DS Lite..! I don't really know whether I'm gonna wait for the European launch in June or buy it from Lik-sang.com..

The ladder appeals me the most.. however, I don't know if there are any taxes thrown into the price.. Although I live in Denmark, I think it's the same across Europe..

So.. my real question is: does Europe add anything into the price when I buy something from Lik-sang.com, whose articles are sent from China?

Thanks!

(ps. sorry for my English - it's been a while since I last wrote anything in English due to the Easter holidays..)

Some retailers ship in bulk to a warehouse in the UK then send it internally to you- YesAsia are one of these. Lik-Sang however does not.

You are responsible for all taxes from purchases from abroad.. If Lik Sang are law abiding they will not mark the package as a gift which exempts you from up to £35 of taxes. I know they do not do this, it will be marked as an electrical retail purchase.

If customs find you.. and the chances are reasonably high- don't think you'll get lucky, you might not.

17.5% VAT on top of the purcahse price (marked on the outside of the package) and then 2.5% on top of that for electronics/clothing. A grand total of 20% of whatever you paid excluding postage.

However Denmark might have different taxes so insert your own country tax- hope that helps.

PS there is an imports board with a wealth of importing pirates who will be able to help you.