NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

RE: I am Scared of the Revolution.....

ZeldaFreak, it's quite obvious that you don't like revolution for one reason or another. So what do you want us to do about it? Beg Nintendo to change the console to your needs? - I don't think so mate.

And my GOD! You are such an Arrogant prick!

*appears shocked*

ZeldaFreak: What exactly do you want out of this console?

*appears shocked*

ZeldaFreak: What exactly do you want out of this console?

I'll list what I would like out of this console:

Good controller

Larger Size media discs

Built in hard drive or detacheable

Power to run all games at a constant 60 Frames Per Second

And full square-enix support

Good controller

Larger Size media discs

Some of those are a bit ambiguous.

What do you interpret as "good controller" or a "larger size media disc"?

I would say something right now but I really can't be bothered with your invalid point's and arguements.Your making really bad points to moan about.Just enjoy it for what it is.

ZeldaFreak, it's quite obvious that you don't like revolution for one reason or another. So what do you want us to do about it? Beg Nintendo to change the console to your needs? - I don't think so mate.

And my GOD! You are such an Arrogant prick!

No I just wish they would treat it more as a business, and think of the cost angainst price and just use a basic controller one that appeared last generation with better layout thats all.

And I'm not an arrogant prick, i'm a realist you think it'll have great 3rd party support. Same thing happened in GC years early on then found it wasn't profitable for developers and concentrated on PS2 and XBOX

Just get a life in all honestly if you think people are gonna just buy revolution your saddly mistaken.

Good controller

Larger Size media discs

Good controller: check, idiot

Larger Size Media discs: Same as 360's discs, more capacity unneeded for 640x480 games

Hard drive: External HD's supported, comes with half a GB of SD memory, expansion slot for more. Check

60 Frames a Second: Depends on developer/game, GC can run some games at 60fps, others at 30. 360 plays most games at 30, if that. Don't be a dipshit.

Full Square-enix support: Don't we all!

Good controller

Larger Size media discs

Good controller - DONE

Larger Size media discs - DONE (compared to Gamecube)

Built in hard drive or detacheable - DONE (USB ports)

Power to run all games at a constant 60 Frames Per Second - DONE

And full square-enix suppor - Only thing not certain, but all seems to point to a bigger support, I have a felling that FF:CC is gonna be pretty good this time.

Of course some of this points are subjective, but depends on the viewer.

No I just wish they would treat it more as a business, and think of the cost angainst price and just use a basic controller one that appeared last generation with better layout thats all.

And I'm not an arrogant prick, i'm a realist you think it'll have great 3rd party support. Same thing happened in GC years early on then found it wasn't profitable for developers and concentrated on PS2 and XBOX

Just get a life in all honestly if you think people are gonna just buy revolution your saddly mistaken.

So, it's not going to sell at all? I can guarantee that there are people on this forum who will buy one. The cheaper price will certainly help.

And using a basic controller defeats the entire point of the Revolution console.

Some of those are a bit ambiguous.

What do you interpret as "good controller" or a "larger size media disc"?

Larger size media discs are 10Gb single layer, dual layer 20Gb

Good Controller is one whole pad like GC pad just swap analogue stick and d-pad around

Good Controller is one whole pad like GC pad just swap analogue stick and d-pad around

So you mean this:

ps2controller.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Are you sure you're on the right forum, mate? ;)

It will have a shell for your kind of 'controller',and your list is somewhat fulfilled.Ninty knows why the GC lost support so it will help with the Revolution.Your not really being a realist here :hmm:

Larger size media discs are 10Gb single layer, dual layer 20Gb

Retard: Confirmed.

The analogue stick is your primary input mechanism and Sony are daft for putting the d-pad in the primary position.

Anyway, why would I want to buy a console exactly like my last one, except with better graphics?

When did I state that people are just gonna buy a Revolution? You might be right, Revolution might be the shitest Nintendo console ever.

But at the moment I know as much as everyone else, which isn't a lot. So i'm remaining open-minded about things. The main thing we know about Revolution is that it will use a TV remote style controller. But that tells us fuck all about the games. For now this argument is pointless, because you'll just keep stating that all games will be in 1st person view. And even if they are, doesn't neccessarily mean they will be bad. And even if Nintendo did comeout with a traditional control pad I wouldn't be intrested in it, because it's just the same old shit.

We will see who is right on May 9th.

- Which is of course me! Because your an idiot and lost by the looks of things.

LOL - My inner fanboy is out in force today!

Can i just say that one of the mistakes Nintendo made with the Gamecube was with the marketting. They weren't consistent. They started off brightly but soon faded away. From time to time, you would see some ads but nothing too drastic.

Nintendo have rectified this already, with the NintendoDS. The advertising for that has been nothing short of phenomenal, imo. I've said this in other threads, but i'll say it here again:Channel 4 is lke a second home to the DS. I can't remember a single day where i haven't seen a single advert that was sponsored by the DS.

There are a lot of DS ads on channel 4,when my TV is on it is likely that I would see one and people have noticed the DS.However they did not do this well with the Gamecube .They will and im 100% they will advertise the Revolution and severaly promote because this can be the huge money maker and they will not waste that chance like the GC.Did you not read the past few interviews ,there was drought when the GC came out and it's reputation went bad,and people didn't like the design.The revolution is the opposite here it looks good,they're will be a good flow off games and it can really sell well.

Don't worry guys the revolution controller maybe subject to change and would look different from the finished product. Lets wait for E3 and see what happens

Speaking of advertising; while I think Nintendo are doing really well with Nintendo DS at the moment (though the Channel 4 comedy night ones are awful), I think they can expand with the Revolution. This is their chance to really break gaming out into the mainstreak, so, while I hope they create a strong brand identity like they have with DS ("Open up and play" > "Touch me") I'd like to see adverts for this thing everywhere. Like, Zelda and Red Steel in FHM, Bob Ross in old people's magazines, Battalion Wars and Mario in younger magazines, Mario Party and Wario Ware in puzzle books and on Challange TV, Pennant Chase on Sky Sports, things like that.

They should retail these things in Next and Topshop and places like that.

So you mean this:

ps2controller.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Are you sure you're on the right forum, mate? ;)

Well don't like the whole picture puzzle on the right.

Retard: Confirmed.

The analogue stick is your primary input mechanism and Sony are daft for putting the d-pad in the primary position.

Anyway, why would I want to buy a console exactly like my last one, except with better graphics?

Maybe I'm the only one who can see this or something, but i'm a realist not a retard, yes but with controlling the camera in a game is far easier to than with the GC.

Maybe I'm the only one who can see this or something,

Or the only one who can't,why are you still making bad points,this isn't going to go anywhere.You don't seem like a realist.

Up to last night Iwas praising the revolution to my mates and family. Then it suddenly struck me what if all action adventure games, platform games, RPGs, etc. Are done in a first person viewpoint as it would be easier to indicate the controller than to have to design a fresh structure to games like mario, Zelda, Mario kart, Kirby, SSB......

Only thing I think I'm stating is this console will only be good for FPS nothing else I'm afraid to say.

Man, look at your first post. You started out unsure about genres after being a fan and now you're saying that. It's up to you, but it seems you're overreacting.

i highly doubt that every single rev game will be played in first person. you cant play fifa or pro evo in first person, youd be swapping players every 5 seconds you'd get dizzy. a mario game wouldnt be great in first person, you dont know what behin you, ghosts, or the surrouundings and everything. i was playing mario 64 ds earlier and i coulnt imagine playing it in first person.

im sure a load of these games you think will be first person will probably give the option. like planetside. you press 't' and you can switch between first or third person. and first is much easier beause you know where you are aiming, however when you get in a vehicle its much easier as thirs becasue you can see easier (for me).

i cant see zelda being a first person game. only when your shooting your arrowns etc. but i wouldnt be able to play zelda OOT if i was always in first person. i mean it would be ok to play it, but you wouldnt see link or his surroundings as much.

if you still doubt, theres gonna be a bloody shell so you can play it like a normal controler. please just stop egin negative, im sure nintendo and everyone has already thought of the circumstances (is that the right word) and everything.

if you doubt it so, dont get one and stop posting :D simple.

People who only think first person suffer from lack of imagination.

Sign in to follow this