NEurope

Why doesn't MP2 come out as Player's Choice?

Sorry for creating a new thread, but I searched for Metroid threads and only 2 showed up, not related...

I have the first game and I think it's the best Gamecube game (yes, I have RE4 too and MP is better :hehe: ). I'd like to get the 2nd one, but I've been waiting for a bargain price.

But the Player's Choice interest lies also on the fact that I hope to get a more recent version of the software, where they possibly corrected that much talked about glitch that may make you have to start over from scratch! Fear of that glitch for a first time player is a very big turn off, I don't wanna spend 15 or 20 hours just so I have to start over again...

Isn't the players choice range related to how many it sold. As I understand it Metroid Prime 2 didn't sell particularly well, my local gamestation always have loads of copies and they've been shunted onto the 4 for £20 range now (£8 each) and they apparently can't get shut so I doubt they will release it on players choice.

Worth a look on ebay or instore, its fairly cheap and i guess if you want to play it you're just going to have to risk the glitch. Perhaps back up your save on another memory card every few hours?

I've seen (and bought) Metroid Prime 2 (PAL) new and sealed for 16.99£

here it is:

-> http://www.simplygames.com/gamecube.asp

uploadmetroidp26kv.png

I don't know if they still have stock left though. (although it's in the top sales)

also... check here:

-> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ILS1U/qid=1144946689/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl/203-7010012-5903110

uploadmetroidp20gi.png

[EDIT: Be careful on amazon, make sure they are PAL]

Yeah, I check Amazon regularly. I won't be buying any time soon, I am currently expecting Hitman 2 to arrive in the mail.

I know it's cheap at Amazon second hand but it's the glitch that bothers.

Didn't anyone here in this forum have problems with that?

I've never even heard of this glitch before?

I got my Prime2 on launch day and never had a problem with

Here's what it is, as described in Wikipedia. I've read about it elsewhere too.

Among the minor glitches, there is one fatal glitch in the temple level of the game. One room in the Sanctuary Fortress requires Samus to shoot three audio targets (visible through the echo visor) to take the exit to the next room. If less than the three targets are destroyed and Samus exits through the door through which she entered (e.g., to get more missiles to come back and destroy them), they cannot be destroyed, Samus cannot exit to the next room, nor continue in the game (despite many hours of game play required to get to that point).

Here's what it is, as described in Wikipedia. I've read about it elsewhere too.

Among the minor glitches, there is one fatal glitch in the temple level of the game. One room in the Sanctuary Fortress requires Samus to shoot three audio targets (visible through the echo visor) to take the exit to the next room. If less than the three targets are destroyed and Samus exits through the door through which she entered (e.g., to get more missiles to come back and destroy them), they cannot be destroyed, Samus cannot exit to the next room, nor continue in the game (despite many hours of game play required to get to that point).

I completed that game, and I know a guy who completed it twice... and it never happened...

You know, they often do various versions with bugfixes even if the game is not players choice... look at OoT, it had 1.0, 1.1, 1.2... also Metroid Prime in US launched with some glitches who were quietly solved out, before it was players choice anyway.

Metroid Prime 2 launched later in Europe, so I guess if they knew it had a bug they sorted it out first.

But if you know about the glitch, what's the problem? You won't have any problems with it when you know when the glitch occurs. I suggest you just buy this great game and don't worry.

I didn't like Metroid Prime 2. I don't really know why, because I really like the first one. Weird ain't it?

I didn't like Metroid Prime 2. I don't really know why, because I really like the first one. Weird ain't it?
yeah, I for one liked the second one better... :P

Erm....Well if that happens surely it's just like dying and u just A+X+START/PAUSE it and start from where you last saved....Which shouldn't be THAT far away...You said start from scratch...which isn't true...

Even so, I've never heared of this glitch and my brother hasn't come across it (I'm on the Spiderball boss and havent played the game in AGES)

I prefered the second one more aswel

Though Ridley was cool

I think I will prefer the 3rd one to the second.

That can happen because they are so much alike. It happened to me with Zelda Majora's Mask back in 2000. I absolutely loved Ocarina of Time in 98 and I couldn't wait for Majora's Mask but than I don't know why, it didn't make me see the fireworks and I put it down before completing it. I only picked it up like 3 or 4 months later.

Not to say MM is a bad game, I love it today, but it was too much like OoT, it feels like overkill in a new game.

You don't like sequals much in games because there is so much hype and you expect so much from it ,then you get dissapointed and not like it as much for a while.

That can happen because they are so much alike. It happened to me with Zelda Majora's Mask back in 2000. I absolutely loved Ocarina of Time in 98 and I couldn't wait for Majora's Mask but than I don't know why, it didn't make me see the fireworks and I put it down before completing it. I only picked it up like 3 or 4 months later.

Not to say MM is a bad game, I love it today, but it was too much like OoT, it feels like overkill in a new game.

I don't think that was it tbh. I think it was the light/dark world thing that i didn't like, because i never finished metroid prime and so the gameplay was still pretty fresh to me. Might give it ago again if i ever get round to completing the first.

I agree...I don't particularly like the Light/Dark thing either, it makes the exploration complicated and dangerous within the Dark World (rather than just battles being dangerous)

Erm....Well if that happens surely it's just like dying and u just A+X+START/PAUSE it and start from where you last saved....Which shouldn't be THAT far away...You said start from scratch...which isn't true...

Even so, I've never heared of this glitch and my brother hasn't come across it (I'm on the Spiderball boss and havent played the game in AGES)

Well, I'm one of the unfortunate ones who DID encounter this glitch he mentioned. It was terrible, because if you saved the game after the glitch a room just won't open. I got stuck to that point for months (even opened a thread about it on the 'old forum').

I had to buy an Action Replay and use a cheat to advance. It really ruined the game for me, but I don't think you should avoid the game because of this, though. This glitch screwing up your game is really really rare.

(BTW I prefer MP1 too)

OMG I can't believe that pic you have media player there o.0

What's your beef with Media Player?