N-Europe

iPod and iTunes Help

kyletherobot

i had to format my hard drive as i got a virus on my computer, in doing this, i lost my itunes folder which had all of my songs and videos and things in it. ive now reinstalled itunes onto my computer and downloaded the most recent version. my problem is that im not sure how to copy all of my files from my ipod back into itunes. does anyone know if this is possible? and if so, could you please tell me how to do it? thank you. :awesome:

Whatever you do, don't launch iTunes and click Yes when it asks you if you want to replace the music on your iPod with your current library.

There are a few programs for 'backing up' your iPod (i.e. ripping the songs back to your PC) My personal choice would be CopyPod. Try to fix the options beforehand so you get proper track names.

You can do this without any programs.

Reboot your iPod into Disk Mode (hold menu+center for until it restarts, then hold menu+play as soon as the Apple logo appears), plug it in, and go to your iPod_Control folder and copy the folders within your "Music" folder.

ASSUMING that you have a nano/video/photo, that is.

It's possible to hack the iPod so you can just use it as a drag and drop drive.

The iPod firmware just hides the music files on the iPod when you plug in the drive.. some format thing or something.

That's what I'd do if I could afford one.

Lost my tunes once, was well bummed.. got over 3000 on my Mac now, well safe.

ooohh ill try that arab_freak, i have the 5G iPod, i tried using that copypod programme but i got a bit fed up of having to restart the trial version of the programme after i had ripped 100 songs from iPod. this forum makes me happy... there is always someone to help you out when you have a problem :yay:

ooohh ill try that arab_freak, i have the 5G iPod, i tried using that copypod programme but i got a bit fed up of having to restart the trial version of the programme after i had ripped 100 songs from iPod. this forum makes me happy... there is always someone to help you out when you have a problem :yay:

I tend to go to forums with a large population of users who are online 24/7.

If you have any more problems, (or you wanted to play Gameboy games on your iPod), visit ipodlinux.org

http://ipodlinux.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7748

ngbbs4439762e8c732.jpg

Sorry mate, I tried a bunch of those apps and couldn't remember for certain which ones were trial limited.