Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

My Photographs (56K? Nope!)

Ashley

I finally got myself a new camera and got round to going out and just "mucking around", as so to speak, with it. Up until now I'd been mostly taking photographs of my friends' band for their benefit.

Nothing special, but thought I'd upload them for y'all to see and criticise. Some editing on a few, for more of an effect.

070406-01.jpg

070406-02.jpg

070406-03.jpg

070406-04.jpg

070406-05.jpg

070406-06.jpg

(3 legged cow!)

070406-07.jpg

And then this one is of someone from the band, Im just pleased I caught him mid hair-flick, looks very Wella.

290302.jpg

(Hmm not sure why that first cow is smaller than the rest, its the same size in photoshop)

Heh heh Cows Arse.

The 1st and 4th are my favs, the first doesn't look right in B/W, but the leaves do.

Nice work.

That cow was actually using one of its legs to scratch it's stomach and I wanted to capture that but my camera was still saving the old pic, I was annoyed.

I dunno, I prefer the 1st on in B&W. Cheers though.

Wow, very town meets country. I like it. Makes me think of Radiohead songs for some reason.

Hmm well I live in a town, allbeit in a housing area. I was kind of walking towards a local village (though a backroute way) when I took these photos. Cheers.

what Camera are you using? They look good, especialy the 7th one, but it needs some sort of main object in the focused area, or in the out of focus area of the brown barbed wire.

Kodax Z740. I've been umming and ahhing over cameras for a long time, and after I went to my friends' band's gig I was like "I need a new camera" so I researched them until 1.30am and the next day I got paid so ordered it. Got the camera and a 1GB memory card for £150.

That photo was just accidental but I get what you mean. The branch ain't anything special to look at, I just liked the focus affect. Thanks for the input.

Kodax Z740. I've been umming and ahhing over cameras for a long time, and after I went to my friends' band's gig I was like "I need a new camera" so I researched them until 1.30am and the next day I got paid so ordered it. Got the camera and a 1GB memory card for £150.

That photo was just accidental but I get what you mean. The branch ain't anything special to look at, I just liked the focus affect. Thanks for the input.

Nice camera although I prefer Film over digital, i just got the winning bid on a Nikon N75, with a 28-70 lens, and a 70-300 lens so I'll be getting it in 2 weeks. But although I don't know much about taking photographs, I do know some stuff about composition and what makes a good photo look appealing to the eye.