NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

The first cybermen one ended in a seemingly-impossible situation. 3 seconds into the second part, its all over. If you blinked, you missed how the Doctor solved the situation.

I actually did miss that, because I turned the show on about a minute too late. What did the Doctor do?

He took out the energy source that was recharging from the TARDIS, and he used all the energy to zap the Cybermen, letting them escape.

He took out the energy source that was recharging from the TARDIS, and he used all the energy to zap the Cybermen, letting them escape.

Or, in other words, he waved at them and they all fell over.

I know cliff hangers have to be resolved quickly, but that was just a joke.

That clip looks brilliant, Cyberman exploding head, I'm glad to see they're not holding back on fear.

EDIT: Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho and there is a new teaser everyday this week.

What does the second cyberman from the left say when you run your mouse over him?

Sounds something like 'unfrayed'.

They should learn to speak intelligably then. All that technology and they can't even produce a decent voice synthesizer.

That's one thing you could say about the real cybermen, at least you could understand them.

I don't think Cybus Industries put much thought into creating voice synthecisers (sp?) for killing machines.

I think that has more to do with the sound quality of the website then the actual Cybermen.

Ya, that front page was rushed, the Daleks look like they've been cut out with scissors by a three year old blindfolded.

I don't think the idea of the Daleks joining forces with the Cybermen is too out of character. The Daleks have made alliances in the past (Daleks Masterplan , Death To The Daleks are a couple of examples. Besides nothing I've seen so far suggests that there a more than 4 Daleks and protecting this 'Genesis Ark' seems to be a top priority for them.

Waging a full scale war isn't a good idea when you find that your species has been all but wiped out. The Daleks are intelligent enough to realise that.

Nononoononononooooo. She didn't impress me when she was possessed by the Cybermen, I don't see how that performance guaranteed her the companion role.

*sigh* i will miss Billie....... COME BACK BILLIE!!!!!

omg does that mean series 3 is coming out NEXT year?

o dear god....

Yes, it takes a year to film the series. I'd prefer it to be filmed while previous eps are shown, so we could enjoy eps all year round. I will miss Billie too, hope this new one bucks up her acting.

o dear god....

Well...apparantly theres a big cliffhanger at the end of the next episode.

So that makes the wait until christmas a LOT worse.

I don't think the idea of the Daleks joining forces with the Cybermen is too out of character. The Daleks have made alliances in the past (Daleks Masterplan , Death To The Daleks are a couple of examples. Besides nothing I've seen so far suggests that there a more than 4 Daleks and protecting this 'Genesis Ark' seems to be a top priority for them.

Waging a full scale war isn't a good idea when you find that your species has been all but wiped out. The Daleks are intelligent enough to realise that.

The Daleks are far more technologically advanced than these cybermen, the cybermen obviously only want their technology, the genesis ark is obviously a way to propagate their species (hence the name genesis), given all those facts the Daleks would be stupid to even consider any sort of alliance. It's not like either have any need of an alliance to fight the humans, is it?

The whole of Earth could easily destroy 4 Daleks.....

The Daleks need protection while they build more of them (if that is what the "Genesis Ark" does), after they have enough, who is to say they won't turn against the cybermen.

Also, the cybermen want to know more about the Dalek's technology (they can't just kill them and steal it, as they have no idea how to use it or what it is)

*sigh* i will miss Billie....... COME BACK BILLIE!!!!!

o dear god....

Yeah, but there will be an Xmas special to tide you over again.

The Daleks need protection while they build more of them (if that is what the "Genesis Ark" does), after they have enough, who is to say they won't turn against the cybermen.

Also, the cybermen want to know more about the Dalek's technology (they can't just kill them and steal it, as they have no idea how to use it or what it is)

Any alliance is likely to purely temporary though - the Cybermen will probably want to "upgrade" the Daleks eventually and the Daleks naturally hate anything that isn't Dalek. It is a quite interesting scenario when you think about it - would either side be able to trust each other enough? Hell, you could argue that the Daleks are already using them. Seems to me thay deliberatly didn't arise until the Cybermen came through - with Earth forces busy dealing with them, who's gonna notice a couple of Daleks (until it's too late)?

Also, am I the only one currently daydreaming about some kind of Dalek v Cybermen CS or Battlefield mod? That would be rather amusing.

Did you not see the preview clips they've showed where the daleks are moving through crowds of cybermen with impunity behind their shields, with cybermen being destroyed around them?

Anyway, the Radio Times covers are pretty conclusive, there will be no alliance.

I think a Dalek/Cybermen alliance would only work until the Daleks activate whatever the Genesis Ark is (Perhaps a "seed" to create more Daleks. I'd probably collapse if it turns out to be Davros). The Cybermen outnumber the Daleks by a few million to four. If the Daleks manage to multiply, they've no reason to band together with the Cybermen anymore.

Freema Agyeman will be the new companion according to the BBC. However it will be a different character. Lame.

They've already done that a couple of times in the show's past. Nicholas Courtney played Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, but he first appeared in the show as Bret Vyon in "The Daleks' Master Plan". I'm sure other actors have played multiple roles in the show before.

They've already done that a couple of times in the show's past. Nicholas Courtney played Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, but he first appeared in the show as Bret Vyon in "The Daleks' Master Plan". I'm sure other actors have played multiple roles in the show before.

Yeah I know shows do it, still lame though. Plus she looks really weird in the pic on the PR.