N-Europe

Weight to the Revolution's new name?

david.dakota

I think this guy is like so right

I think it's more likely that "Blue Wave" is actually a reference to the "Blue Ocean" strategy that Nintendo have repeatedly stated is the thinking behind the Revolution.

Calling it "Blue Wave" would make it sound like aftershave.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well explain why they would put a blue light in the revolution, and why the controller is meant to be waved about.

The commercial for it:

"Are you ready for the future, are you ready to be awashed with entertainment. Yes, well prepare for the Blue Wave. Coming November '06."

How I would love if Nintendo just kept the name 'Nintendo Revolution'. It's a pretty simple name ("Revolution") and it makes a point. Some people think that it would be too cocky of them to keep the name but they are making a point that there needs to be a revolution in gaming, they believe (as do I) that they are bringing this revolution to gaming so why not keep the name - I think it's very fitting.

And another reason why they (imo) should keep the name... What if the new name is totally naff??? "Starcube" anyone? :shakehead (I know it wasn't the final name, but if NOA didn't step in, it would have been).

They have been doing nearly everything right so far (wrt the Revo); price, innovation, looks (of the console), timed release of info, potential media uber-avalaunch(sp?) at E3 etc etc - they don't need/want a sh1te name to tarnish their quest for gaming domination.

Please Nintendo, don't change the name for the worse?!?!

How I would love if Nintendo just kept the name 'Nintendo Revolution'. It's a pretty simple name ("Revolution") and it makes a point. Some people think that it would be too cocky of them to keep the name but they are making a point that there needs to be a revolution in gaming, they believe (as do I) that they are bringing this revolution to gaming so why not keep the name - I think it's very fitting.

And another reason why they (imo) should keep the name... What if the new name is totally naff??? "Starcube" anyone? :shakehead (I know it wasn't the final name, but if NOA didn't step in, it would have been).

They have been doing nearly everything right so far (wrt the Revo); price, innovation, looks (of the console), timed release of info, potential media uber-avalaunch(sp?) at E3 etc etc - they don't need/want a sh1te name to tarnish their quest for gaming domination.

Please Nintendo, don't change the name for the worse?!?!

In spite of all these reasons I believe Nintendo will change the name but Im sure we'll like it.:laughing:

In spite of all these reasons I believe Nintendo will change the name but Im sure we'll like it.:laughing:

I think it was said that they have already decided on a new name, whether it was BigTac or otherwise I'm not sure. :weep: I just hope that it's either a)not crap or b) as good as "Revolution".

Guest Stefkov

my spider sense is tingling...the new name will be........ 'the nintendo i dont care what the name will be so we should stop thinking up names for it and we should just enjoy the games machine'

and again the shortened version

the nintendo: IDCWTNWBSWSSTUNFIAWSJETM

i should become the official name guy

I read somewhere that "Nintendo Bluewave" was an option. Given the fact that the console does emit a blue light, and you will be waving your arms to control, it's not such a bad idea. However, the smartest move in my book would be to include "5" in the name, the revolution being the fifth console and all. That way "Playstation 3" and "Xbox 360" are lagging two points behind in marketing-numerical-psychology, if there is such a thing. Xbox waited cunningly for Playstation to be the first to name their console with "3", so they wouldn't make the mistake of calling their console "Xbox 2", so it became also a "3" of some sort.

And what other reason for a blue-ish discdrive than pure product-recognition. "hi ya Norm, bought meself a console today, you know, the one with the blue light and all". And with the gamecube being a cube, the DS having dual screens, it wouldn't be the most alienating thing for a blue-light emitting console to have "blue" in its name.

What are you saying Mulder?