N-Europe

Gamecube games on the Rev

Stabby

Just wondering, will there be any graphical improvements to gamecube games on the Rev? The Revolution will have a faster RAM, so I thought the framerate might be improved. Didn't GTA:LCS have a better framerate when upgraded to 333Mhz?

Also, would it be possible to add progressive scan one way or another?

Just wondering, will there be any graphical improvements to gamecube games on the Rev? The Revolution will have a faster RAM, so I thought the framerate might be improved. Didn't GTA:LCS have a better framerate when upgraded to 333Mhz?

Also, would it be possible to add progressive scan one way or another?

most gamecube games already do support prog scan.

rev support is unknown... it seems doubtful there will be speed increases as the hardware is very similar.

expect games to play as they do on the gc.

rev support is unknown... it seems doubtful there will be speed increases as the hardware is very similar.

expect games to play as they do on the gc.

I thought 525p(prog scan) wasn't supported in Europe (PAL)

There's no single PAL gamecube game that supports progressive scan. I wonder if you can add progressive scan by adding some code to the game through the SD card.

There's no single PAL gamecube game that supports progressive scan. I wonder if you can add progressive scan by adding some code to the game through the SD card.

sorry i meant a lot of NTSC ones are...

i have no idea whether a mod could unlock that for uk code or whether it's totally removed.

some cube games (I think mainly ported ones) did have noticeable loading times.

even loading times may not be improved, the revolution may be designed to act exactly as the GC, because any alteration could have an adverse effect on the game in some way.

So framedrops will still be there despite the extra power? Then why is the framerate in GTA:LCS better when you upgrade your PSP to 333Mhz?

Will homebrewers have acces to gamecube games? It would be great to have progressive scan and more anti-aliasing, maybe even some better texture filtering.

some cube games (I think mainly ported ones) did have noticeable loading times.

even loading times may not be improved, the revolution may be designed to act exactly as the GC, because any alteration could have an adverse effect on the game in some way.

Yes they'll cap it for in game, but not loading screens.. because that's a raw process that can rely entirely on the hardware.

Yes they'll cap it for in game, but not loading screens.. because that's a raw process that can rely entirely on the hardware.

well I don't know how loading screens work entirely, but if a game loaded while something else was running, then the something else could possibly be affected.

When Gamecube games are played on the Revolution, the hardware is probably clocked back to Cube speeds to guarantee 100% compability. Faster hardware can lead to errors when developers made took the speed for granted.