N-Europe

Anyone got there Leeds or Reading festival tickets yet?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah £220. a bit pricy but I bet some tickets will go fr more than that especially when more of the bill is announced.

The auctioneer doesn't seem that bad but if you can't pay by cheque you'll have to get in touch with him.

I have, just waiting for a reply...

EDIT: I just got through to the meanfiddler ticketline. Whilst I had no luck in getting any weekend tickets (natch) I found out that they are trying to cancel tickets being sold on ebay. This is gonna be interesting.... though it looks less likely thay I'll be able to go. :(

i REALLY despise those arseholes on Ebay that buy tickets in bulk then sell them for a profit its disgusting....they should enforce a system where ur name is on the ticket and only you can use it. failing that if the person then cant make the gig they have to contact ticketmaster etc with ur name and details to get money back?...or just tough.

O and presides muse theres nothing i wanna see so aint gunna go

I got my ticket. I knew last year that I definately wanted to go this year, no matter what the line up was... just for the atmosphere. so I bought mine in the tiny batch they release at the beginning of september at last year's prices. I'm really glad I did it now that i've seen how quickly they sold out. :smile:

Yeah sounds promising. Good luck with that. I'm kinda suprised razorlight, bloc party. kasabian and the strokes aren't on the bill.

I know that Kasabian and Bloc Party are busy working on thier next albums, which is why they won't be playing Reading/Leeds. I'm kinda suprised The Strokes and Razorlight aren't on the bill though. Strokes we're strongly rumored too...

RagDoll was your ticket cheaper than £143?

The tickets on that presale were sold at the same price as the tickets were for the previous festival. So yeah, they were cheaper. I really wish I'd got one then now... :( *Prays that they extend the capacity and that he gets a ticket*

Going back to the ticket fiasco and the Ebay arseholes, im going to the ATP weekender in May and we have 4 tickets. When we get there my mate who got them on his card has to go with proof of ID to collect our wrist bands for the weekend without proof of ID he wont be able to get them and we wont be allowed into the main site even tho we have tickets.

I thought this is a very good move and leeds and reading should also do something similar.

I know some people end up not being able to go for whatever reason after buying a ticket but if that happens intstead of selling them on ebay how about they allow us to send the tickets back and get a refund ?

Something needs to be done, everytime a big gig comes up be it a festival or just one band (ie arctic monkeys) the tickets sell out soo quick and then hundreds appear on ebay.

Just saw this on the reading website:

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_reading.asp?ArticleID=2931&URLID=67

Also i read that they are doing a ticket registration for when they release more, so if you really want to go then you better register as it says below:

"TICKET REGISTRATION FOR

READING & LEEDS

To register for prospective tickets for Reading & Leeds, please click on the link below and log into our backstage area. Please note: you will need to be subscribed to meanfiddler.com to register for tickets. This can also be achieved by clicking on the below link.

Click here for registration... Good Luck!

Owing to the high demand for tickets, our servers our currently taking a pounding. Please keep tyring if you cannot get in straight away.

Thanks

The Web Team"

Im guessing this will be like a raffle cos no doubt thousands will be registering for tickets, im crap at winning raffle's and say i get a ticket but a mate doesnt ?? it rubbish but i guess needs to be done.

Time for a rant, dont read this if you dont want to know

This years CW is a fiasco IMO, i'll still go if i get a ticket but so far Mean Fiddler have messed up.

Theyve booked loads of bands who were popular last year in the Radio 1 tent, shoved them on main stage, booked Dirty Pretty Things for 5th off the strength of um.. no album! and have managed to confuse people as to where Fall Out Boy are actually playing (Reading only im affraid). Less Than Jake, Yellowcard and loads of other bands that self confirmed look like theyre going to be playing Lockup which will be crammed all weekend because anyone whose taste isnt Indie, Indie and more Indie is going to flock there at some point. Feeder have swapped places with Yeah Yeah Yeahs which has upset a lot of day ticket holders and then theres the whole ticket sites crashing thing and the touts (predictions of between 15% and 20% of tickets are being touted this year between eBay, sold out ticket websites and the regular touts outside the venues)

Most worrying of the lot, they have sacked Stewart Security (good move) and are now going to employ Stewards to keep the masses in order (very bad move). From what i read of what Melvin Benn said at the forums that were held last month, it looks like the extent of these stewards power will be to ask you nicely to calm down, if that fails then they call in backup (proper security, but in much lower numbers than normal). All well and good if the scheme works and theres no majour trouble, but if the sh*t hits the fan like last year (at leeds) then it looks like it up to us to sort it ourselves (the police dont want to know, they havent since Temple Newsam).

I also cant believe the prices! Nearly £145 for a ticket! Ive no idea what its being spent on either, it was £90 in 2002 and look at the lineup!

2002: http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24ℑ=79226_Reading2002.jpg

Ok, that was a particularly good festival, but still; in 3 years the price has increased £50 and the lineup is the worst yet :sad: This is how CW justifys being the most expensive festival? pfff!

Rant over :red:

I went in 2003 and the lineup was supreme.

There are far too many bland, cookie cutter, british "radio 1" indie groups on this year.

Didn't realise Feeder had replaced the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Quite happy about it though, I have a day ticket for the muse day and I'd much rather see Feeder than the YYY's.

Theyve booked loads of bands who were popular last year in the Radio 1 tent, shoved them on main stage, booked Dirty Pretty Things for 5th off the strength of um.. no album!

the police dont want to know, they havent since Temple Newsam).

I also cant believe the prices! Nearly £145 for a ticket! Ive no idea what its being spent on either, it was £90 in 2002 and look at the lineup!

2002:

I think it's good to have bands who haven't got an album out- this is about LIVE MUSIC after all.So booking a band on the strength of their live stuff is arguably better than on the strength of an album.

The police seem to enjoy the last nightof Leeds festival, full on riot squad every time I've gone there, only the biggest aresholes in the force need apply. It's like braveheart or something, this wave of attacking police legging it through all the tents twatting anyone that looks a it 'rowdy'. And a police dog bit my mate's bum.

The price increases are fucking ridiculous, nuff said. It's getting to the stage where a day ticket now costs the same as a weekend ticket a few years ago.

And it feels weird having the lineup on the same day as tickets go on sale (or at least, sell out). I remember comparing festival lineups, watching them develop and deciding on a festival wel into the summer.

Ah, well, it aint like the good old days.

I keep trying to rind up the Meanfiddler ticketline on the off chance of a few returns. No luck yet though. May really can't come soon enough - I want that ticket!

If all else fails I'm just gonna turn up on the day and hope they are selling them at the gates. They usualy do anyway so there's still hope there.

ok now that ive actually seen THIS YEARS lineup theres a few bands i wouldnt mind seeing...but im already going to download festival so meh

Franz Ferdinand - some good songs bit samey thou

Muse - awesome band

Pearl Jam - meh :S

Kaiser Chiefs - good band wouldnt mind seeing

Arctic Monkeys - not bad i guess

Placebo - good band

Audioslave - seen few years ago wasnt too impressed not my sort of thing

The Streets - NO!

MY Chemical Romance - seen twice dont want to see again until there new stuff really

Feeder - seen before and are really good live

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - who?

Bell & Sebastian - who?

Dirty pretty things - who?

Fall Out Boy - NO!!!

Futureheads - pretty good

The Subways - who?

The cribs - who?

Panic! at the disco - one of my fav bands!!..hope they play download as well :(:(

Wolfmother - who?

Yeah sounds promising. Good luck with that. I'm kinda suprised razorlight, bloc party. kasabian and the strokes aren't on the bill.

Seing as razorlight were up high last year and haven't releases anything new since i don;t really think they deserve to be up there.

EDIT:

Let's hope FoB stay this time, they were supposed to play last year but didn't.

yes you must be :shakehead

Originally Posted by 21st century cowboy

As someone has already said, razorlight, bloc party and kasabian all played last years leeds and reading (all three were awesome by the way) But since then they havent released anything new and are all in the recording studio working on new albums so to be honest im not suprised those 3 are not playing for the 2nd year running.

But the Strokes is a different story, i would have thought they would be doing it....maybe they will ?