N-Europe

New website - name and banner required

Sarka

Hi all,

There are alot of bands in Shetland, well, ametuer youth bands and myspace seems to be the only place on the web that they appear. I am thinking to make a website where bands from Shetland can post songs, pictures, gigs and there can be reports if any gigs are happening anywhere soon.

Well, I usually base my whole website design on the header and unfortuantly I suck at making them! So I was wondering if any of you kind nice peopel could make me a header? It would be nice to have a Shetland/music theme. Probably to do with the Shetland flag and an electric guitar possibly. Quite a short banner is prefered, about 700(width)x100(height) is lovely.

I would ask whicb name to put on but unfortauntly, like my banner making, me name picking sucks! So far I've come up with http://www.shetlandbands.com and I know that is simply awful. If anyone gets a clever idea please share it.

Thanks!:kiss:

Shetlandbands is simple and to the point though, I think it works. Better than something like .... Stetlandroll (as in rock n roll). That sucks.

Hmm "The Shetset" (as in a live gig "set"). Rhymes, who can resits rhyming eh?

Not very good with names, but if you want something less dull, I'd drop 'bands' from it right away. Start with Shetland, or anything else that identifies the area, then try combine it with 'live', 'music', 'scene', 'rock' *explores entire semantic field* - that kind of thing - until you find a couple of words that fit together.

Ok, I've cobbled together this. It's not particularly exciting or eye catching, but then I know bugger all about design.

banner.jpg

Sorry about the pun, it really is inexcusable and can be removed if desired.

I was thinking you could just call the site something like islandgigs.co.uk