NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
monkeyDluffy

Gadget show rev showing

anyone see the rev/revmote on the gadget show CH5 UK? They seem to like it alot! Except nintendo only sent them the cardboard version to play with!:)

was just about to post this.

It was a big change compared to last year when the said the ds would be seen as too gimicky and childish for the current market.

I just realised I missed it..what time does it show on Saturday?

My dad saw this. He was telling me about it in the car. He sounded pretty impressed though, and as he's a non-gamer, that's a good sign. Did the Gadget show really say that the DS was too Gimmicky? I think they obviously learned from their bad judgement and had some proper comments for the Revolution.

the one thing i did notice is that both on the website and the actual show that he says a baseball game will be available at launch, guess thats another to add to the list, could be the canned GC game Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball? could be EA who knows?!

ya, they were doing a feature on the 'iconic gadgets of the future,' In it, along with other gadgets, they compared the psp and ds. After a pretty limp and uninspiring one-sided discussion they concluded that the ds seemed too gimicky and dated compared to the psp, which they said 'people would be queing round the street for,' and they awarded it the iconic gadget of the future.

I don't know wether he's seen the error of his ways or it was just because the only game they had was the metroid prime hunters: first hunt demo.:hmm:

I was gonna watch it but couldn't reach the remote.. I don't like their coverage much.. they often go for Sony and Microsoft over Nintendo and Apple.

Their arguments are very one sided.. being someone who has migrated from both windows and playstation to mac and nintendo I think I have quite a balanced view.. and when talking about macs all they could concentrate on was 'if it breaks it'll cost you' but that's exactly the point! they don't break.

In order to prove their already flawed point they stupidly chucked the mac off a 1 story high set of stairs. The gadget show is one of those shows that always looks to Japan, but the DS lite is more popular than the PSP and games outweigh sales almost 5 fold..

But what can you do? It is 'five' after all.

Whats so childish about the ds, the gimmicks open up many possibilities that the psp cannot achieve. Give them metroid hunters and let them sit and chat to their mates around the globe before having a deathmatch against other players online as they use the touch screen for precision aiming...:)

My mate in college has never owned a nintendo console. However when he saw Rvolution on the gadget show and heard of what the controller will do he said that he'll get one!! :smile:

Looks like the Revolution will make alot of sales as well as attract new customers :smile:

It's looking good that non-gamers are getting interested about it.If the media keeps up with the compliments then it will do well

I think there is still an air of brand loyalty.. I mean when I was a kid I wouldn't use a tape deck that wasn't Sony.. I saved up a whole £30 or so to get a walkman with a radio in it when I could have got a goodman's one for £20 less.

I think as I've learnt the value of money.. managed a job (even if for only a few months) I've learnt there is more than having something with Sony written on it.. which apparently is why the iPod is a big failure in Korea.. and no doubt why Nintendo is a failure in Korea too..

I've kinda changed my ways and realised that why should I pay twice the price for a PSP when I can have twice the fun on a DS.

I think Nintendo has hit a good philosophy there.. I'm not a hardcore gamer and I think a lot of other people will follow suit when they learn about Revolution.

I've kinda changed my ways and realised that why should I pay twice the price for a PSP when I can have twice the fun on a DS.

I think Nintendo has hit a good philosophy there.. I'm not a hardcore gamer and I think a lot of other people will follow suit when they learn about Revolution.

I used to have a psp but when I relized that pretty much nun of the games were fun and the ones that were only lasted so long, I scrapted it for an I-pod video.

At least its some media coverage for the Rev. Hopefully it will continue so that the mainstream can actually be made aware of it. Just about everyone knows that the PS3 is coming in November, while a lot of people dont even know Nintendo are making another console.

At least its some media coverage for the Rev. Hopefully it will continue so that the mainstream can actually be made aware of it. Just about everyone knows that the PS3 is coming in November, while a lot of people dont even know Nintendo are making another console.

that is so true so many people dont know about the rev. :weep:

At my College my Teacher mentioned that the PS3 has been delayed til November because it was on the News.

Why doesn't Nintendo get any attention like this? Oh well probably Nintendo's fault.

Probably because they don't have a release date <_<

And because it's Playstation. That's just the way it goes.

i would take a guess at that too. wait till E3. after that we will see what ninty are made of.

Sign in to follow this