N-Europe

Video card advice needed..

demonmike04

Umm, where did you get 21.9mb from? You can't just "tinker" with a gfx card to magically increase its memory. I assume you need 32mb to be able to play a certain game? Most new decent gfx cards are 256mb+ now. Any reccommendations I give depend on your buget though...

Type: Trident Blade 3D/ProMedia

Approx. Total memory 8.0mb

Well I have no idea for a budget, my parents are willing to get a new gfx card but there are talks of a new computer being bought, so if theres one that you could suggest that would be good enough, that'l be fine thanks.

Ok, I can tell you that gfx chip is ancient, and I'm assuming the PC is fairly old too.

If you're going to get a new PC, I'd reccommend steering clear of the likes of PC World and other electrical stores because they're often overprice or offer poor service. (I did work experience at Comet and shuddered as I was told to install Norton on a customer's messed up laptop, after cracking into the admin account. PCW and Dixons, etc would probably just reformat, lazy gits). I find that small highstreet PC stores often have more knowledgeable employees and will not try to flog any old rubbish to you.

Just to give you an idea of the sort of specification to look for:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pcrange.html?MTE

Notice the "GeForce 6600GT 256Mb PCI Express", that's great gfx card for a (relatively) inexpensive system.

Ah, my parents usually tell me to look at specs of computers they are interested in since I understand a little bit.

I will look out for that gfx and maybe get my parents to get that computer, since thats usually the price range they look at (And yes, my computer quite old)