NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Anakenobi

How come there was no big arse celebration for Mario in 2005?

It's been 20 years since he was the protagonist of his first big game SUPER MARIO BROS.

In 1985 he became a super staaaarrrr! :bouncy:

And nobody remembered... heck, not even me!

I do remember that in 1995 Miyamoto gave industry people some signed art of Mario in order to celebrate the first 10 years of SMB.

But I guess these days we have mostly kids playing Mario and they have no idea about the milestone of 20 years of SMB. Can't blame them.

But some of us old enough... we have no excuse! Dang, I'll try to remember when Mario celebrates 25 years!!! :D

Where we you? There was special offers on Gameplay, postcards and t-shirts with a design Nintendo mocked up (had several versions of Mario on from NES to modern day) and such around the Mario Kart DS launch.

Where we you? There was special offers on Gameplay, postcards and t-shirts with a design Nintendo mocked up (had several versions of Mario on from NES to modern day) and such around the Mario Kart DS launch.

Yeah, but there wasn't any of the big hoopla you get with some of the other mascots.

Like Sonic and Mega Man had big promotional campains all over the place. Some games even had in the box art the text explaining that the said characters were celebrating a milestone.

I didn't see any of that for dear old Mario... :cry:

Mario had bigger campaigns than Sonic as far as i remember!!

Well Mario has a bigger... than Sonic... you see, Italians are known for... never mind! :D

I don't know if you spent 2005 living under a rock or something, but there were all sorts of celebrations and promotional tie-ins and the like.

Yep, some fans did remembered and at least Nintendo of Japan had some sense to make a page about it (too bad the link to the japanese Nintendo site doesn't work, though... but it's ok).

Maybe Luigi will get better R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

I don't know if you spent 2005 living under a rock or something, but there were all sorts of celebrations and promotional tie-ins and the like.

Not just in shops either. There were many a website ran things like Top 20 Mario games etc. I have loads of the gold Mario Anniversary posters that were flying around at the time.

Not just in shops either. There were many a website ran things like Top 20 Mario games etc. I have loads of the gold Mario Anniversary posters that were flying around at the time.

And what parto of the world are we talking about?

Maybe my rock here in America was to dense to get those promotions... I saw none at all.

Now I admit that I don't watch tv or go to videogaming stores all the time, but I did saw enough of those Sonic and Mega Man promotions...and I didn't even wanted to see them! And I saw them regardless! :p

So either the Mario promos evaded me like the plague... or 'em I living i the freakin' Twilight Zone? (looks around)... is that Rod Serling?

Yeah I live in the UK. Clearly your American due to the Megaman Anniversary getting celebrated, wish the BlueBomber would get some respect over here in Europe.

Everyone in my town had Mario shirts saying happy birthday.. and I got a sticker when I bought my DS not rod red pak..

This is Europe remember, we're second class citizens.

I wanted a t-shirt but she wouldn't take it off.

They also released the special Famicom GameBoy Micro with the lil "Happy 20th Birthday" logo on the back of it.

gb-micro-famicom1.jpg

I like the way in Japan its "Happy!Mario 20th" I think I prefer that.

Might have been mentioned, cant be bothered to read every bit.

March 10th = Mar10

The word "living" and "rock" were already used by other posters, so I can't add anything new to this thread.mmm....

Hmm, it was Zelda's 20th a few weeks ago and hardly anything happend about that... : /

On another awesome note, I got the Japanese Famicom micro for my birthday and it is bluddy awesome, the screen is just amazing and there are absolutely no issues regarding reading text. Really think this will give life the ole GBA with it actually being something you can bung in your pocket when you go out, should give me an opputunity to go over some good games, like Golden Sun, and buy some new ones, like Golden Sun 2.

Sign in to follow this