N-Europe

Working out (arm muscles)

DiemetriX

I'd just like to point out that you need to do more than just pressups. You need to isolate each muscle group to give it a proper workout, plus some exercises help develop balanced muscle growth better than others.

Also getting fat if you are skinny doesn't help build muscles at all. It'll just screw up your metabolism and make you unfit. You don't need any more fat that what you get in a good diet. You're better off taking formulated protien shakes and stuff like that.

I'd just like to point out that you need to do more than just pressups. You need to isolate each muscle group to give it a proper workout, plus some exercises help develop balanced muscle growth better than others.

Also getting fat if you are skinny doesn't help build muscles at all. It'll just screw up your metabolism and make you unfit. You don't need any more fat that what you get in a good diet. You're better off taking formulated protien shakes and stuff like that.

in a good diet yes, but lots of people have crap diets (skinny people) for their metabolism. having fat = good, being overweight due to fat = not good, being medically "fat" due to fat = bad.

but fat itself does not make you unfit, lack of exercise makes you unfit.

formulated protein shakes are pretty rubbish, as the majority of them contain forms of the proteins/amino acids that won't be absorbed into your body, so you basically just pad out your next turd.

I think there's an optimum fat percentage of your body, which (if I remember correctly...) is about 3%. And building up muscle mass takes time, few weeks at least. And the bigger the muscles get, the harder it is to make them grow even more.

And if you want to train your muscles to be stronger, use heavy weights with few repeats. And to build up stamina use lighter weights but more repeats.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but if you feel the pain in muscles they're still in repair mode, which comes before the grow period. so you should at least not use the muscles you can feel if you want them to grow.

but its def. a nice feeling in a weird way, the painful over worked muscle feel.

Im trying to build up the strength of my left arm so i wear these wrist weights on them at home all day as well as doing bicep curls with 5 -7kg which is fine at my age.

im looking to buy some new weights say 5 - 10kg any idea how much that will cost?

also can someone descirbe to me what a military press is?

I found this deal for a set of dumbells on john lewis my gp's were long serving emplyoees so i could get an extra discoutn on it as well... anyway can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?

Marcy Dumbell set

Set comprises:

4x 5lb/2.27kg weights

4x 2.5lb/1.13kg weights

4x 1.25lb/0.57kg weights

2x 35cm chromed spinlock bars with fixed inside collars, and spinlock collars

Dimensions: L35cm

Weight: Total 45lbs/20.4kg

cost:49 pounds

Im trying to build up the strength of my left arm so i wear these wrist weights on them at home all day as well as doing bicep curls with 5 -7kg which is fine at my age.

im looking to buy some new weights say 5 - 10kg any idea how much that will cost?

also can someone descirbe to me what a military press is?

John lewis sells weights for about £3-8 each, price depending of size, some were like argos or a sports shop might be cheaper.

Seriously guy your asking in the wrong place.

There are loads of forums where there people that will help you better than a forum for games.

For size and strength increase its not about the amount of reps you do. Exercies like bench press are good making sure you increase the wieght etc...

You say you do 50 press ups? If your doing 50 press ups that are good and deep you wouldnt be complaining about skinny arms. Slow them down and chest to floor.

Try doing one arm press ups, clap press ups dive bombers. there are loads of things you can do.

Like I said there are forums where big body builder men and women hang out that will tell you loads of stuff. :bouncy: