NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Migraine

Nice 'secret' theory read...

Nice read, he has a lot of interesting points. E3 couldn't be further away.

E3 couldn't be further away.

*bites tongue*

anyway, I can't read it as the site is blocked from work, and I expect/hope to have better things to do when I get home.

He seems to have the idea that the rev will operatee without a tv. Though his quote from miyamoto said that he only WANTED it to be like this, not that it would be.

Good read though. But tbh it doesn't sway me

gr8 read, and it would be bloody amazing if that happened, but most of that is quess work, hes interpreting a lot of it, but how awesome would that be , i agree with what shigsy? said tho about games can only be made prettier and faster if they stay on tv and computer screens - which seems to be the path of microsoft , they should know games will not involve without innovation, enter nintendo ;)

Half way through it and had to pause to say:

This stand battery thing is bullshit.

Think of health and safety.. it would need to be securely fixed to the console.

On top of that as I've said before batteries are not playdough, you cannot mould it into a plastic stand however you like. the connector on the Revolution is AC, but batteries are DC.

Nintendo have something big up their sleeve, i'm willing to bet that it's a novel display tech.

There's a lot of hype flying around; stereoscopics, holographics etc. When Matt for IGNRevolution asked Reggie if fans will be disappointed because the Rev will not live up to the hype, he simply said it'll be better than the hype. If he didn't know about some new feature, then he would want to kill the hype not encourage it. :wtf:

This is nonsense.

Where do the motion sensors go if the unit is projecting onto a screen? And given that you wouldn't be able to stand in front of the unit whilst it was projecting you'd be off at some stupid angle on the right/left.

And what would be the point anyway? Who doesn't have a regular TV?

Iwata is even said… "We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change." Miyamoto is talking about a device(revolution) that doesn’t need a TV to function. Of course we know that the REV can use a TV and a Monitor, but the REV will also play without a TV.

Yes, Miyamoto and Iwata have both said that they would like to change the way consoles are played, that they would like to play without having a TV. But I don't think anyone, anywhere has said that the Rev will play without a TV have they? He seems to have just made that up and passed it off as fact without giving evidence of where he got the confirmation from.

It would of course be fantastic if this turned out to be true but I don't think it is. Maybe for the console after the Rev or the one after that, but right now it's too soon for something like this.

Very interesting read. Although I would argue that most RPGs are pretty much interactive movies. Especially games such as Shenmue. Also, I don't perticuarly see why this couldn't happen on Xbox360/PS3, just the interface wouldn't be as good.

note: I didn't read the entire article, sorry if I've contradicted anything.

Good read, and a nice use of quotes for each statement, you never know, E3 will hold the answers.

I've had a similar theory for months and I believe he is right. I don't care if any of you disagree with me.

Revolution will play without a TV?

[picture]

Sorry to squash your dreams buddy.

What does that prove? Nothing we don't already know. He stated that Revolution will still be able to be used on a TV/Monitor(as Nintendo have confirmed it will) but also this display method if wanted.

What does that prove? Nothing we don't already know. He stated that Revolution will still be able to be used on a TV/Monitor(as Nintendo have confirmed it will) but also this display method if wanted.

Oh right, bugger. Sorry.

Also everyone, why else do you think Nintendo have decided NOT to show any screens or footage of any revolution games for so long? Because how the graphics are displayed is part of the revolution. If they were displayed just like normal e.g. PS3/Xbox 360 and revealed no secret do you really believe Nintendo would be holding back screens and footage from us? Of course not.

Good point Stocka, but though it would be incredible, I just can't see it happening just yet. We'll just have to wait until E3 to see what Nintendo have in store for us. I'm not saying that this isn't true, but it's still just speculation.

It may be true.

Seriously though, have you ever wondered why the revolution sits on a angle like that? Perhaps it does project a image on any wall? Why else would it be at that funny angle?

Think about it, you just carry it around (and have you noticed Nintendo are trying to make it a small as possible?) and you don't need plugs as the base is a battery!

It makes sense and is a smashing idea. ;)

It's all to do with convenience and simple setting-up! Roll on E3!

Also everyone, why else do you think Nintendo have decided NOT to show any screens or footage of any revolution games for so long? Because how the graphics are displayed is part of the revolution. If they were displayed just like normal e.g. PS3/Xbox 360 and revealed no secret do you really believe Nintendo would be holding back screens and footage from us? Of course not.

Nintendo want you to forget about how games look and concentrate on how games play.

In contrast, M$ and Sony want you to forget how games play (same as they always have) and concentrate on how they look.

its a good theory, not only because its possible but that if Nintendo doesnt do it, someone else will...eventually.

6446large5hw.jpg

Ive already picked out a spot on the wall in my room in case this is true.

Why else would it be at that funny angle?

To make it more stable when stood vertically. Remember this is a small, light console that would be easily toppled if it sat flat in a stand. Compare that to the Sony "George Foreman Grill" or M$ XBox 360WhichIsReallyAPCInAFunnyBox and you have your answer.

So are we thiking: Wall projection or: 3d projection here, because the hologram rumour was around for long enough

Sign in to follow this