NEurope
Nintendork

Complete magazine scan

Yeah...It's nowhere near the whole thing. I got it today, and it rocks SO much compared to the other old thing!!

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Ooh, exciting!

Edit: Fair enough, it seems to be working now. But buy the magazine you cheap bastards!

hmm it looks pretty neat and good, i might get it even though i promised not to by any more magazines.

indeed:

I was contacted by Future Publishing Limited, the team directly responsible for Nintendo: Official Magazine (UK) politely asking us to take down our scans. I always said if there were ever any problem I would be happy to comply. Thanks to Future Publishing Limited for being so understanding.
I liked the aproach, should never be (fully) scanned and put on the web though. not days after it went to sale...

Oh harp down you pansies, We rely on Famicom scans hours after it goes on sale in Japan for the latest DS screenshots.. and we'll do the same if they get any Revolution screens before E3 (heaven forbid)

It's no different. You really gonna import an issue of Famicom just to support Nintendo?

I doubt Nintendo even gets a fee for this magazine.. effectively it's an advert for them.. they provide some screens and release dates to Future as exclusive, kids read the magazine and go out and buy it.

Future keeps the money.

Support my arse (tbh)

Ah well, it was predictable for it to be taken down.

I dont like ONM, they dont know how to review games properly. A minus on Rub Rabbits was 'Makes you look weird', how come the first one did so well and what about a few minigames on wario ware?

I'l buy the next issue and then i'l stop..

And Nintendork, Nintendo does get a piece of the money. And what if some one exploited your efforts to make a living? Would you feel the same about support then? No ofcourse you wont, because you need money to live. If that magazine doesnt get money, some workers are going to have to get sacked and look for another job.

Think about what you say.

Owning the magazine had definitive benefits.. you got the high quality vinyl decals. Something you can't get online.

I'm guessing the magazine was over 100 pages long, we scanned in 9.

It's really not a big deal, that magazine is financially backed for 12 months.. otherwise they would not be able to take subscriptions. The magazine will not be affected by a few kids in the know about it getting scanned up online and taken down less than 12 hours later.

Many people from other countries benefited from it who can't afford to import the magazine. I can't afford to import famicom. let alone read it.. Personally I think it is a miniscule dent if you consider music piracy.

I thought about what I said.. and I think everyone has double standards when they look at a famicom scan but whinge about it being a UK scan.

Owning the magazine had definitive benefits.. you got the high quality vinyl decals. Something you can't get online.

I'm guessing the magazine was over 100 pages long, we scanned in 9.

It's really not a big deal, that magazine is financially backed for 12 months.. otherwise they would not be able to take subscriptions. The magazine will not be affected by a few kids in the know about it getting scanned up online and taken down less than 12 hours later.

Many people from other countries benefited from it who can't afford to import the magazine. I can't afford to import famicom. let alone read it.. Personally I think it is a miniscule dent if you consider music piracy.

I thought about what I said.. and I think everyone has double standards when they look at a famicom scan but whinge about it being a UK scan.

I guess its just the fact that this current publisher has just taken control of the magazine, I could see famitsu still selling tons any way if some one did a few scans.

But you do have a point about comparing this to music piracy, but hey if i were a publisher of lets say a book and i had found quite a legnthy piece of it was written on the internet, i wouldnt be too happy.

Times are changing.. people aren't buying newspapers to read on the commute these days.. everyone can get their news free when they get to the office.

The guardian were only saying last month they've changed to appeal to a new market of people, more like websites. They can't complain when their news website got voted best in the world over the New York Times and other such sites.

It's tough times wth Google print search and much more, I can't agree with it all.. but it's for the better of the world. Those who change with technology will survive.

eg. Magazines havings websites than compliment a magazine as a 'taster' for people who might want to subscribe which future are actually working on.. it's not out yet

then go and read the official magazine's website, don't scan it in. piracy is piracy, simple as that, and stealing is stealing and i will never condone it. as for people commuting changing their habits, i beg to differ, the sheer amount of people on the trains i work in the morning reading newspapers is extrodinary!

ONM is available for subscription for overseas readers and has its own website that you can go and support if you can't buy the magazine.

yes it IS all about support as far as i am concerned and i will never buy/receive pirated cd's/dvds/videogames, and i won't with magazines either. demonmike was right with his "exploited" comment. anyone who says any form of piracy etc "isn't a big deal" is just wrong! it's illegal and shouldn't be condoned!

no one care when it's Famstu scan

Sooooo true, why is everyone moaning. No one should be allowed to look at the pics of a famitsu scan if they are bitching about these scans, cos i never see anyone bitching about scans off famitsu, go buy it if you are bitching!

I'm going to read these scans, and im going to keep looking at famitsu scans :laughing: