NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Command & Conquer

I wanted to play Command & Coonquer (the first 1) but every time I try and install it it just goes black and doesn't do anything. Help please.

Erm since the game is about 100 year old im guessing it wont work on XP. Tries loading it in command prompt?

Have you tried setting the compatibility option in the properties of the executable to windows95/98? Also if it is a Dos game, you can try a couple of dos emulators. Dosbox and VDMsound. Just put those in google and you should find them :)

If i remember correctly you'll have to configure the dosbox to use one of your directories (eg. C:\dosbox) to act as it's root directory. Basic setup and installation Use the instructions given there and you should be having a working dos emulator in no time :)

The point is, C&C1 is veeeeeeeeerrry old. However! Command and Conquer the first decade just came out in the US and is out here soon. £30 for 12 C&C games including the one you want to play that all work on XP!

So, buy that?

I had a problem like this.....I had to download a patch thing from EAs help site then run it with compatability 98. It went crazy if I ever went to try DOS mode!!!

You can get a GUI for dosbox that makes it a load easier to use. Can't remember the name of the one I used, but I'm sure google would respond to 'dosbox gui'.

Guys... what's with all the complicated solutions...?

Westwood have a patch to allow you to play the game on XP, it's on their site.

Shorty,

on what site? I only get to EAs First Decade site whenever I try to go to a Westwood site.

Sign in to follow this