NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Delto

Need a logo for my site, contest! ($ Prize!)

So I need a new logo for my site, and I really can't think of anything to draw. By the way, I used to have a ton of posts here, but it looks like my account got deleted, unsure.

www.entertainmentoracle.com

The current logo, after the header loads is something I slapped together in 5 min photoshop, the overlapping circle thing above the Entertainment Oracle name.

Basically, the boards are slow atm, so why not draw something, a character to represent my site. Looking for more of a "cute" looking character, try to keep the colours reasonable. Also the size, don't make it too huge, still has to fit in the header.

Now the incentive, the person to make the best looking character, wins $60 USD, paypal only. If it's really good and original, i'll raise it to $80 USD. If you don't have Paypal, then we can work something out. Oh and you get to have it on the site that'll crush Newgrounds (One can dream), hahah.

Any other specifics other than that is has to be cute? Cause I came up with a cute character for a site before, so I think I can do it again probably. =3

It probably should be, but it'd get more attention in here. One person to talk to would be CubeChris, who once showed me a forum full of people who offer money for logos and so forth. I'd post the URL, but I can't remember it.

It probably should be, but it'd get more attention in here. One person to talk to would be CubeChris, who once showed me a forum full of people who offer money for logos and so forth. I'd post the URL, but I can't remember it.

http://www.sitepoint.com

http://www.webhostingtalk.com

(I hope you're not getting any ideas, Guy, if you think I'm going to pay you can think again!)

I'm making this an oppertunity for you guys to design a logo for an easy $80. Surprised nobody is interested.

I am, but at the moment I don't have access to my own computer and Photoshop, so I can't really make anything. Also, I'm not really sure what exactly you're looking for; you keep calling it a logo but from your description it just sounds more like a mascot. And I just really doubt the "cute" thing I have in mind is really what you're looking for; cute just doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the design on your site I think(at least what I saw on the main page, the rest didn't really work).

Yeah more of a mascot. With the right colours, a cute thing can easily fit in with the rest of the site.

abra cadabra.....

oracle1.jpg

this was done with ms paint obviously so it clashes but you get the idea

Pit-Jr..not bad, but more cute themed. Also no objects, just the character. For instance, yes i'm posting a pokemon:

marill.gif

A simple characted, with some depth. You have idea sort of...but yeah, I don't think paint colouring is the way to go.

Yeah, let me give it a shot tonight when I have access to my computer again. =3

I'm on this. I need to get some money together for my holiday.

I'll get it to you ASAP.

Drippy still wants a cameo on your site. How bout 'Drippy the Mailbag Demon'??

oracle2.jpg

Alright, I drew two characters; could try out more but this is it for now. Of course colors, size and even the pose can be changed. Just some ideas.

cutecharacters1.png

Stiff competition here. It was rather late and I decided I'd have a crack at this. What I basically did was take your existing logo (I rather liked the idea of three balls) and tried to create some kind of bizarre little wormy creature from it. Lemme know what you think, and what would need to change in order to make it better if you're really interested - doubt you will be, I'm just killing time.

This image shows the "character"s three main shapes being manipulated to form some kind of pose sheet. It's on a black background, because it shows off the nice highlighting better than a white one (background removable for transparency effects blah blah blah)

Enjoy:

PoseTest.jpg

You have to admit he's got personality. I can just see some kinda sphere-based bird swooping down and gobbling him up.

See how easily Drippy contributes to your site's inevitable Xmas update?

xmasoracle.jpg

Nice job Eenuh and T3C : peace:

Hehehe, yeah, make a Drippy comic. :D

The3rdChildren: that looks really nice. =3

Sign in to follow this