N-Europe

PlayStation State of Play (Tuesday 24th September 2024 @ 23:00 BST)

Julius

Late one for us Brits, but FINALLY! 

State of Play is back tomorrow, September 24! Tune in live for news and updates on more than 20 upcoming PS5 and PS VR2 games from studios around the world.

The 30+ minute show begins September 24 at 3pm PT / 6pm ET | September 25 12am CEST / 7am JST on YouTube and Twitch, and will be broadcast in English and Japanese. See you tomorrow!

30+ minutes for 20+ games!

I wonder how much of that time is going to be alloted to The Last of Us Part I Remastered? :p 

I jest, of course – can't wait to see what's in store, especially with certain big hitters turning up at TGS this week still waiting on a release date, like the Snake Eater remake. Square Enix also seem to have a muted presence lined up at TGS, so I also wonder if we might see something from them here, like the long-rumoured (and leaked) Final Fantasy IX Remake or Final Fantasy Tactics Remake? 

Edited by Julius

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What's scary is he could be right. :D

Hey, if they're going to be remastering anything, at least they'll be remastering one of PlayStation's best E3s :laughing:

Ooo they can call it REMASTE3ED :D

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hoping to finally get a release date for Lego Horizon in tonights show.

This seems very realistic to me, I genuinely thought it already had one until you mentioned it, but apparently it's just "2024". It strikes me as launching between the end of October and mid-November...I don't know why but it feels to me like it could clash with DQ III HD-2D Remake (still a mouthful with just the one full word in there, dear lord!) on the 14th or thereabouts. 

For me, I'm just hoping for one of my usual suspects that I throw out there occasionally – seriously, I'll take just the one. And I'm ready to be disappointed and get none of these, or have the monkey's paw curl, but I have to put it out there because it eventually kind of work eventually for the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters and Battlefront II. 7 is a nice number. Let's go with 7.

So, just please, gaming gods that be, just one of the following 7:

• Playdead's next game. 
  • Ueda and genDesign's next game. 
  • An ICO remaster/remake (yes, this is now on the wishlist). 
  • An announcement of just one brand new, current gen exclusive game from PlayStation Studios. If we did get this I think the Tsushima sequel would be the obvious choice. 
  • Final Fantasy - IX or Tactics Remake (very much in the mood to replay IX). 
  • Dragon Quest VIII Remastered (have a feeling this'll be eventual Switch 2 bait to tide us over until XII, so I'm really not expecting this one). 
  • Astro Bot DLC details. 

I feel like we could also be due a demo shadow-drop, maybe from Konami for Silent Hill 2 or Snake Eater? So much of those games look like they need to be given hands-on time to win people over. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Astro Bot DLC details. 

Decided to go with the strong start I see :p got to applaud it

Feels like a statement of intent opening with that, also feels like a way for Nicolas and Asobi to get their much deserved flowers :peace:

Edited by Julius