Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Euro 2024 | 14th June to 14th July

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There aren't gonna be many 1st team players left at this rate.

The smug look he had on his face when he immediately dismissed the penalty shouts. 

I'm glad he didn't give it, but still, he's a bit of douchebag, isn't he? 

SPAIN LET'S GO

Germany just didn't carry that momentum like they needed to. That might be it for Toni Kroos. 

@Hero-of-Time totally agree, the "reason" is it's not there for yellows or whatever, but while I get Nacho obstructing Wirtz from chasing the ball...what harm is he trying to stop when Simon is there and blasting it over to the other side of the pitch? It's crazy. 

Edited by Julius

Both teams look fully capable of scoring, the game has been flowing well in that it's going from left to right and back again...but they just kind of refuse to. 

Not quite the place or time I was expecting the players' strike to start to be totally honest :p

35 minutes ago, Julius said:

So, 2018? :p I swear they both missed one at the World Cup in Russia, I'll check on the break

Checked on this, because, well, not a great match so far and what else is there to do, really? Can confirm they both missed a pen on Russia. 

Messi vs Iceland @ World Cup 2018

Ronaldo vs Iran @ World Cup 2018

Great, now I need to find another rabbit hole to fill my time with during this second half...

• Haha 1

Portugal really going for it now, some great attempts from them and excellent saves by Maignan. 

Shocked Ronaldo and Portugal wasn't shouting for a pen, I don't think it was one but a case could certainly be made. Much more of one than that Mendes dive earlier. 

Just been thinking, Martinez probably should've been trying to utilise Ronaldo like an impact sub similar to how Nagelsmann had been using Füllkrug. 

Promise him he'll come on around the 60th minute to help define the final scoreline, think it'd have more of a mental impact for his team and against the opponents, too 

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Just been thinking, Martinez probably should've been trying to utilise Ronaldo like an impact sub similar to how Nagelsmann had been using Füllkrug. 

Promise him he'll come on around the 60th minute to help define the final scoreline, think it'd have more of a mental impact for his team and against the opponents, too 

Probably wouldn't be as knackered as well. :D