NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Euro 2024 | 14th June to 14th July

Just now, Julius said:

Excellently worked goal from the Swiss, and, for now, they're now top of the group over Germany. 

Let's see how the rest of this plays out, but we've been saying all along just how leaky this German defence looks, they really seem there for the taking. 

I've got the other game on. Been poor from both teams so far.

Germany counting their lucky stars, and namely one called Füllkrug. 

Germany celebrating like it's a win. Switzerland deserved the win. 1-1. 

Scotland are just awful. It's like watching England play. You wouldn't think they were playing to stay in the tournament. Doesn't surprise me they got beat.

Late drama in both games was nice to see :D

Hopefully sets the tone for the rest of this final round of group games. Let's all pray that there aren't any more 0-0's. 

Yes, I'm looking at you, England. 

Why are we so shit? No urgency until stoppage time in a must win game, probably created one really good chance - just can't put in a proper performance when it matters. 

So frustrating to watch

Which match is everyone watching tonight? 

I've got Croatia v Italy on seeing as there's more riding on it, what with the winner of the match - if there is one - guaranteed to go through in one of the top spots. Croatia haven't really turned up yet but with there back against it I'd be shocked if it all goes Italy's way, even if I'd back them to win it. 

Might flick between both of the matches, though. Spain have been one of the most exciting sides to watch so far this tournament for me, they look ruthless on the wings and are the most direct I think I've ever seen them. 

Here's to a - hopefully - good night of football! :peace:

29 minutes ago, Julius said:

Which match is everyone watching tonight? 

I've got Croatia v Italy on seeing as there's more riding on it, 

Same.

Croatia have been one of the biggest flops this tournament. Granted, they are in the group of death but theyve been really disappointing.

Pretty boring match so far, Italy on top if anything and at least we're seeing shots taken by both teams, but Italy seem comfortable with a 0-0 and Croatia don't seem to want a goal enough to take the lead. 

24 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Croatia have been one of the biggest flops this tournament. Granted, they are in the group of death but theyve been really disappointing.

Definitely. 

Lack of pace on the wings and no real threat up top to aim at, even if they do have an excellent midfield, why is Modric the one overlapping to lash it across the 6-yard box? It reminds me of when Spain went through that phase of playing without a striker.. you know, minus the wealth of talent everywhere else on the pitch and the pace they had on the wings. 

::shrug:

Urgh, more stupid commentary at this tournament. 

Croatia man tries to play the ball back, comes off an Italy man back to him, with him now potentially being behind the back line. 

"Offside" - it came off an Italian last you muppets! 

Donnarumma must be PISSED about that. 

Great pen save. Great initial save when it comes back in seconds later. No-one there to help after it goes back into the box.

Game on.

Felt it was coming. 

But man did they leave it late. Excellent burst through the midfield from Calafiori, and a perfectly weighted ball. 

There we go. 

It was an own goal, sure, but Austria are now 1-0 up against Netherlands, meaning Austria are currently top of the group over France (who are still 0-0 with Poland). 

First 10 minutes, mind you, but could be an interesting one...

You play Upamecano, you concede that you're probably going to give something silly away. Poor pick from Deschamps and France are holding on here after Lewa's equaliser. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How many own goals have they've been in this tournament? Seems like there have been loads.

7 according to Opta, vs 11 in total in 2020/21:

That stat of ⅔ of total own goals at Euros coming in either the 2020/21 or 2024 tournament is mental. 

• Thanks 1

Really poor from France. Late penalty shout maybe, but it would've been unfair to Poland to give it. 

France have yet to score with one of their own players from open play. Which is crazy. 

We all thought Austria would win this group, right? :p anyways, now if England come 2nd we get Germany and if we come first there's a chance we get the Netherlands. Great. 

Edited by Julius

17 minutes ago, Julius said:

Really poor from France. Late penalty shout maybe, but it would've been unfair to Poland to give it. 

France have yet to score with one of their own players from open play. Which is crazy. 

We all thought Austria would win this group, right? :p anyways, now if England come 2nd we get Germany and if we come first there's a chance we get the Netherlands. Great. 

If we get the Netherlands doesn't that mean we will avoid France, Germany and Spain until the final? Looks like the Dutch will have an easy road to the final. :D

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If we get the Netherlands doesn't that mean we will avoid France, Germany and Spain until the final?

Aye – Portugal are on that side of the tree, too, so it's safe to say it's absolutely stacked right now. 

Anyways, moment of truth. Time to see if switching Trent out for Gallagher makes all the difference :laughing:

Southgate be like...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952x85kbrukm5356d8j5d

We seem to be playing the exact same way as the previous games. Dude has done sod all to shake things up.

Lee Dixon still doing his best to draw out my hatred for him. 

How the hell he thought it was Saka offside and not Foden at first beats me. 

I hate watching England. There's just nothing there. Pass sideways, pass backwards, refuse to take on anybody.

What must Palmer and Gordon be thinking.  Reminder, Palmer was the most in form player of the last few weeks of the season.

• Like 1

England seem to want it more than they have the last two games, but on the night, Slovenia seem to want it more than us. Slovenia look really scary on the counter and our passing has been sloppy at times. 

Also swear they've said "spicy backpass" or some permutation of it a good two or three times now. Shut up. Please. I beg. 

Sign in to follow this