NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Endless Ocean: Luminous

Seems to be focused on online play (though is not online-only), with randomly generated world layouts.

Bit disappointed that it doesn't have a hand-crafted world like the original games, but still! Endless Ocean is back! :D

Arika is also back as the developer (they developed the original two Endless Ocean games for Wii, as well as its spiritual predecessors Everblue & Everblue 2 for the PS2), as per NOA's website.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

I used to enjoy playing the older games on the Wii. I remember there was a feature on them to play MP3's off of the SD card, so I made a little playlist of water themed music from other video games, like the water music from Donkey Kong Counry and Dire Dire Docks from Mario 64.

It should be interesting to see how online mode works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I used to enjoy playing the older games on the Wii. I remember there was a feature on them to play MP3's off of the SD card, so I made a little playlist of water themed music from other video games, like the water music from Donkey Kong Counry and Dire Dire Docks from Mario 64.

It should be interesting to see how online mode works.

Same. They were quite the gems. Do you remember if they were budget releases? I seem to recall getting the first one for £20 from HMV. Don't think I knew that about the MP3s or I'd have made a playlist with those tracks as well. My Excite Truck had one of the best soundtracks in all of gaming.

Watching the trailer, I was a bit concerned on the roguelike nature of the dives, the footage had some nice looking underwater temple things, you only get one chance to explore it before it disappears forever/whenever it is generated again on rotation, assuming at random?

Also, is there some sort of oxygen based timeframe?

This would have been a perfect game to have the VR Labo incorporated into. 

Posted (edited)

new Overview Trailer:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this