NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

PHYSINT (new Kojima action-espionage game, "career culmination", Columbia Pictures ties)

What. The. Fuuuuuuuu—

Aiming to "transcend the barrier between films and games"

Columbia Pictures in the picture, too

Edited by Julius

Yes please.

PS6 Pro in 2032 :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

"PHYSINT"

Hideo Kojima returns to the action-espionage genre with PHYSINT, a new project coming to PlayStation. Enjoy this short message from Head of PlayStation Studios Hermen Hulst, and founder of Kojima Productions Hideo

Edited by Julius

Already starting the deep dive - a cursory search on Wikipedia turns up this page: List of intelligence gathering disciplines

So, [game] physics + intelligence? A hint that we'll be gathering intel based on the world, I guess? It doesn't say much but I feel like it also says loads, and definitely gets the mind racing. 

I'm not even joking, this might have just become my most anticipated game. I will gladly take Kojima returning to action-espionage over any MGS Remake overseen by Konami any day of the week, and seemingly with a blank cheque from Sony? 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952o6v8o1g44kz1eepey

11 minutes ago, drahkon said:

PS6 Pro in 2032 :p

Love your optimism.

I don't think we get this in our lifetimes :p

Kind of nothing new, but also kind of clarification from Kojima on Twitter? 

"PHYSINT (working title)" will be the third, new original IP since the establishment of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS.It is a completely new "Action Espionage" for the next-generation. It will be created using cutting-edge technology arnd the best talents from around the world, both from film and video games. Of course this is an interactive "game", but the look, story, theme, cast, acting, fashion, sound, etc.. are all at the next level of "Digital Entertainment" that could be called a "movie".

During the event it sounded like some weird multimedia project, which I guess it still could be, but that last sentence basically makes it sound like they're being given access to Sony's film spaces and budget to realise this game. 

:bouncy:

So it's literally Not Metal Gear.  Gotcha.

See you in 2032 on PS6 Pro.

Edited by Dcubed

Cant wait for this. Will be a huge gaming moment.

Sign in to follow this