N-Europe

Until Dawn Remake/Remaster (4th October 2024)

Julius

Rebuilt and enhanced for PS5 consoles and PC Until Dawn invites you to relive the nightmare, and immerse yourself in a gripping slasher horror where every decision can make the difference between life and death. Coming to PS5 and PC in 2024.

Edited by Julius

Per the PS Blog, it's being remade in UE5:

Rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5, Until Dawn has seen enhancements across the board, all made with passion and care for the original from the team of horror lovers, film fanatics, and veteran game makers at Ballistic Moon; and it's coming to PS5 and PC this year!

Until Dawn has been rebuilt with the latest tools and techniques. New and improved animations build on the success of the original character performances. Characters, environments and VFX have been upgraded – all for a truly enhanced cinematic horror experience.

Imagine giving Until Dawn this treatment ahead of something like ICO or [insert long list of 20+ games probably more deserving of a remake than this PS4 game]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Julius changed the title to Until Dawn Remake/Remaster (4th October 2024)

I feel like it could still do well if its marketed at the younger audience that never played or watched people stream the original release. Its probably not gonna be one though that a lot of people will want to replay who had it originally.

Below you will find the price of the Until Dawn Remaster in several currencies . And according to our information, this price will be exactly the same whether it is for the physical version on PS5 or the digital versions on PC and PS5.

69.99 euros / 59.99 US dollars / 59.99 pounds sterling / 109.95 Australian dollars / 79.99 Canadian dollars

Crazy. I think I paid £39.99 when it released on the PS4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Crazy. I think I paid £39.99 when it released on the PS4.

Yeah, this price is terrible. Though I can't exactly say totally unexpected considering, well, current PlayStation, and this is getting driven as being a pretty big deal by them it seems ::shrug:

So you can either pay £60 or you can buy the original Until Dawn for £10-£15 physical, its standard RRP on the PlayStation Store is only £17.99, and the real kicker? It's actually still included in the PS+ Extra catalog of games :laughing: curious to see if it moves at all from that catalog to, say, Premium (TLOU Remastered is in Premium and Part I is a thing) or if they do any funny business like Nintendo have when releasing some Wii U ports on Switch. 

Having not played Until Dawn myself before and not being blown away by the trailers and comparison videos for this remake/remaster, I doubt I'll get to it anytime soon considering I have a list of spooky games I want to get to in October already...but if it were to make the cut, well, yeah I'm just going to play the original :p

• Like 1