NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Hideo Kojima: Connecting Worlds (documentary, coming to Disney+ 23rd February 2024)

I have no idea where this belongs, but PlayStation Studios, Kojima Productions and Filmworks are collaborating on a Kojima documentary: 

PLAYSTATION STUDIOS present, in association with KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS, a FILMWORKS production: HIDEO KOJIMA: CONNECTING WORLDS, a documentary film that takes you on a journey into the creative mind of the most iconic video game creator in the world.

Widely regarded as the first auteur of video games, this visually captivating documentary gives a rare insight into Hideo Kojima's creative process as he launches his own independent studio. Featuring contributions from visionary artists such as Guillermo del Toro, Nicholas Winding Refn, Grimes, George Miller, Norman Reedus, Woodkid, Chvrches and many others, this thoughtful film explores the power and potential of video games as an art form through the work of an influential talent revered by millions worldwide.

Produced by Ben Hilton

Directed and filmed by Glen Milner

Okay Geoff saying that he's probably the most well known game creator in the world seems a little hyperbolic (surely it's Miyamoto?), but he's certainly up there. Either way, looking forward to this!

I've said it before, but I would love more documentaries on the minds of creators/teams/studios in gaming (as well as, you know, maybe things like Nintendo vs PlayStation as a docuseries). 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

On 07/06/2023 at 1:44 PM, Julius said:

Okay Geoff saying that he's probably the most well known game creator in the world seems a little hyperbolic

Less hyperbolic than calling Norman Reedus a "visionary artist".

FWIW we had a chat about video game films in light of the Mario movie and decided mostly they should go in general chat (alongside Last of Us TV show) but the Nintendo-specific ones stay in the Nintendo forum. But I guess documentaries are slightly different so who knows. 

*in the Xbox E3 voice*

STREAMING SERVICE EXCLUSIVE 

Exclusive to Disney+. Nothing screams Disney like Kojima and Death Stranding, huh? Can't wait to see a Stitch skin on BB :p 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, drahkon said:

"Directed and photographed by Glen..."

@Glen-i you got something to tell us?

God damn it! I told Hideo to give it to Paramount+!

• Haha 3

Sign in to follow this