NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

N-E Online Mario Parties (Week 27 - Waluigi's Island - MP3)

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Cool, if @S.C.G is up for it we can duel after then. We can decide whose game to use then.

Yeah, that should be fine.

So, 8pm, join to watch (and stream) Dean and Glen killing each other, then after we'll fight to the death, using turtles. ghosts, bombs, rocks... and whatever Shy Guys are. ::shrug:

That sounds about right...

Also, I'm here posting this now, meaning I've read all the posts, so I should be joining... on time, though I can be deliberately late if you like, for continuity. ;)

Cue Luigi's laugh... "Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh... heh-haha!" :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (19/01/2024)

• Thanks 1

GERuY7QbgAAdoTs?format=jpg&name=large

GERuY7SbMAAQq18?format=jpg&name=large

tenor.gif

The first match was basically decided almost immediately and wouldn't bloody end, and the second match ended on Turn 4!

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This board sucks. I'll be amazed if both matches are close.

I hate it when I'm right about things like this... Mr. Mover, man...

• Haha 2

So I mentioned this over chat, but we'll be doing the final Duel board next time.
Trust me, you don't want our marathon to end on this board. Because if you thought Mr. Mover was bad? Then you ain't ready for...

Backtrack

1600px-MP3_Backtrack_Board.png

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

That description is perfect enough, but for you newcomers out there. The gimmick here are the recoloured Backwards Spaces. Instead of making you roll a dice to go backwards, these ones flat out reverse the direction of travel permanently (Or until someone lands on another Backwards Space) This also swaps the position of your partners. Getting Whomp here is going to really suck.

Also note the complete lack of junctions. That means you have absolutely no way to influence where you go or land, making this board almost entirely luck based!

Now, here's who's rolling the dice with who.

@Glen-i VS @S.C.G

@BowserBasher VS @Dcubed

Now, Dcubed's not available next week, so we'll be taking a sabbatical from our marathon for now.  Unless I can rope in @darksnowman for a friendly battle royale match next Friday?

• Thanks 2

Two great mini games between myself (Mario) and @Dcubed (Wario) just now in our games. Results to come later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, that Tick Tock Hop! Absolutely nerve wracking, and I wasn't even playing! Can't say the same for the actual board.

GFW-fl5a4AAEQkV?format=jpg&name=large

BowserBasher won through total skill, except for 95% of the time when it was pure luck!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Right, @S.C.G and @BowserBasher, we should be good to go tonight at 8pm.

I've only just read this... (busy day) it looks like some of the games still went ahead though, so that's good. :)

When did you want to play @Glen-i ? Probably too late for tonight now, I'd have thought.

Depends though... was the match between Dean and Simon a quick one because of the board?

15 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Depends though... was the match between Dean and Simon a quick one because of the board?

Yeah, sorry, far too late by the time I noticed your post. It's fine, we can do it next week.

Anyway, as I'm sure you're aware, Duel Mode varies wildly in time. Backtrack is pretty notable because the lack of junctions means you have pretty much no influence on where you go.
So who knows how long it'll take?

• Thanks 1

OK, @S.C.G. 8pm. And then you'll realise why Backtrack is the worst board in Mario Party history.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

OK, @S.C.G. 8pm. And then you'll realise why Backtrack is the worst board in Mario Party history.

I mean... I'm happy enough to take your word for it, but it sounds like it has to be experienced to fully appreciate its mediocrity. :p

See you at 8pm. :peace:

10 minutes ago, S.C.G said:
7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I mean... I'm happy enough to take your word for it, but it sounds like it has to be experienced to fully appreciate its atrocrity.

I fixed it for ya. 😂 

• Thanks 1

@Glen-i better make it 8:30pm... I need more time to prepare for the atrociousness of this board.

• Thanks 1

Alright, I'm prepared now... be right there, the mediocrity starts here!

GF7a66waAAA6zck?format=jpg&name=large

Hooray! The most amount of coins held by any player in all of our games. (602) Pity I still almost lost! A massive lead, and then I couldn't do anything for 12 turns. Backtrack sucks. The game was good, but Backtrack still sucks.

That last Happening space had a Swap Positions which would have completely changed the outcome. Great game. 

Welp, here we are. 27 boards done, and we're here for the final N64 one! You thought it'd be a Bowser themed one? Well, too bad, Waluigi Time!

Waluigi's Island

1600px-MP3_Waluigis_Island_Board.png

This board is chaotic! Very fitting for Waluigi, there's a lot going on. So I'll go through each thing of note.

• The first thing is Dynamite Island on the bottom of the board. It's quite similar to the Coin Beam in Mario Party 2's Space Land. The countdown begins on 5 and goes down every time someone lands on a Happening Space on the island. When that reaches 0, it blows up and anyone on that circle will lose ALL OF THEIR COINS! Be very careful when traversing this place. It would be relatively easy to leave this place if it wasn't for the next gimmick...
  • Right above Dynamite Island, there's the Junction Roulette. When you try to leave Dynamite Island, you'll be forced into Action Time. Each arrow will flash clockwise and the one you land on is the direction you'll go. The speed at which the arrows cycle is random. And yes, you can go back down on to Dynamite Island.
    Here's the trick though, it can be timed. Press A right when the arrow you want is lit up, and you'll land on it every time! This can be tricky if it goes really fast, but remember this, it's a huge help!
  • At the top right of the board, near Boo, there's a bizarre junction, when you get there, you can choose which path to take. There's a 50% chance that you'll fall into a booby trap, and get sent back to the start. This makes going to Boo an unreliable tactic. Don't count on it too much.
  • Finally, there's the island on the top left. Notice how, apart from the Bank space, it's all red spaces? Well those spaces change every turn! They could be blue! They could be Battle Spaces! They could be Game Guy! This island is chaos incarnate!
    To get on to the island you have to use one of those bridges. Only one is down at a time, and which one is down changes when someone lands on a Happening Space near a bridge.
  • Oh, and just a final note. Going into any red pipe will take you to the green pipe near the start.

Phew, a lot to take in there. Mushrooms and Golden Mushrooms will help you get through dangerous areas quickly, while Reverse Mushrooms can get you back on track if the Junction Roulette messes you up. Skeleton Keys aren't very great, as the gates are a bit situational. Warp Block, on the other hand, is dangerous. It's awkward to get around, and a well timed Warp Block can really ruin someone's play.

I don't know when @Dcubed will be available next week, so we'll see.

• Thanks 3

What the actual hell!? HOW DID GLEN END UP WITH 600 COINS!?!?

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

What the actual hell!? HOW DID GLEN END UP WITH 600 COINS!?!?

I highly recommend watching the stream when you have time. It's bonkers!

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I don't know when @Dcubed will be available next week, so we'll see.

I don’t have a single Friday off until March 2nd now…

I can do Thursday 8th though if you guys want to play before/after Mario Kart? Otherwise it’s gonna have to be either a Wednesday or a Saturday if you don’t want to wait a month.

32 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I can do Thursday 8th though if you guys want to play before/after Mario Kart?

Cool. 2 days in the past it is then!

Yeah, I hope you meant the 15th of Feburary instead?

• Weird 1

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (09/02/2024)

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Cool. 2 days in the past it is then!

Yeah, I hope you meant the 15th of Feburary instead?

Doh! Yeah, I meant the 15th of February :p nerrr

Yo! Guys! (@S.C.G, @BowserBasher, @Glen-i)  If we're gonna be playing MP3 this week, can we make it happen on Thursday or Saturday? I'm working this Friday.

If it absolutely has to be Friday though, it'll have to be from around 21:30 onwards.

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Yo! Guys! (@S.C.G, @BowserBasher, @Glen-i)  If we're gonna be playing MP3 this week, can we make it happen on Thursday or Saturday? I'm working this Friday.

If it absolutely has to be Friday though, it'll have to be from around 21:30 onwards.

Saturday or Friday would be better for me as I don’t have to be up early the next day. So I’m good with those. Thursday after MK can mean it may go on a bit later than I would like. 

Sign in to follow this