NEurope
Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together (Theme Night this week)

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I've come to the conclusion Waluigi Pinball is in the same category as Baby Park. 

PS @lostmario at least I wait until after three GPs before rage quitting. 

Just had an absolute nightmare in that race, I'd had enough. If I'm not having fun playing, I'm off.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Just had an absolute nightmare in that race, I'd had enough. If I'm not having fun playing, I'm off.

Thats fair, I used to get like that when we did this as the league. Just got so angry and it wasn't fun at times cause I felt I got robbed of a better place. Since we now just do this for fun Im more relaxed and don't care as much if I get booted from first to 4th when I was about to cross the line for the win, 😂 Yes it's annoying as hell, but there's nothing at stake so I just pass it off as "that's Mario Kart".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Thats fair, I used to get like that when we did this as the league. Just got so angry and it wasn't fun at times cause I felt I got robbed of a better place. Since we now just do this for fun Im more relaxed and don't care as much if I get booted from first to 4th when I was about to cross the line for the win, 😂 Yes it's annoying as hell, but there's nothing at stake so I just pass it off as "that's Mario Kart".

Usually doesn't bother me, no league points on the line like you said so no big deal but that race... I was getting hit by everything. When I start getting angry with the game, that's the time to stop.

I was having an ok ish night before that with 2nd place in both GPs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

To be fair, I imagine it also helps now that you have other people there in voice chat to laugh along with, and laugh at when misfortune inevitably falls on them.

But I do agree that if a game is making you angry, you need to take a break. So you're both right?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

To be fair, I imagine it also helps now that you have other people there in voice chat to laugh along with, and laugh at when misfortune inevitably falls on them.

But I do agree that if a game is making you angry, you need to take a break. So you're both right?

I think it really does. I think it helps that it feels more like you are playing with others even more so when you can chat along too. The banter and laughter means that everyone is in on it. Plus I know that I’m not the only one that gets screwed by the game cause within a few minutes we are all laughing at someone else getting suddenly bombed. 
And yeah I do agree that if a game is making you angry, then best take a break from it. Because it’ll just make you feel worse when more stuff goes wrong. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lostmario said:

Actually thought you got d/c or called away. The Mario Kart giveth and the Mario Kart taketh away (from some more than others). 

Thanks for the games. :smile:

(for the less than half an hour that I played)

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-93891406-d3d2-4292-8b93-fcc6ba841a17-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! 22/02/2024)

• Haha 1

Thanks for the races.

Not for the first week, I held B on the start line of the first race then it took me a few more to remember to swap over to the joystick which I've been trying to get the hang of for a while. Both lapses likely down to F-Zero 99. Not that you'd know it from the standings—pretty much a steady Eddie there. DK Snowboard Cross, the one pick of mine that made it in this week, was by mistake. I meant to go one more to the right and select Yoshi's Island. Wouldn't you know it.

• Haha 1

This would have been amazing had it been like half a second sooner. I was mashing that item button so much. 

• Like 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! 29/02/2024)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Mario Kart: Double Ragequit!! by the host this week.

After that absolute gazumping of me by 5 people on Kalimari Desert, can you blame me!?

Yeah, sorry. Connection issues with 3 Switches on one connection.

Anyway, I take it no-one here is actually interested in playing Mario Kart 7 next week? Because so far, it only seems to be DCubed and me who are actually up for that?

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, I take it no-one here is actually interested in playing Mario Kart 7 next week? Because so far, it only seems to be DCubed and me who are actually up for that?

I would be but I don’t have my 3DS with me as it’s been lent to the girlfriend. 

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I mean... I still have my Nintendo 3DS XL, and my original copy of Mario Kart 7... so I could play it, I'd just need to switch the Wi-Fi on to play.

How many players would make it worthwhile?

35 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I mean... I still have my Nintendo 3DS XL, and my original copy of Mario Kart 7... so I could play it, I'd just need to switch the Wi-Fi on to play.

How many players would make it worthwhile?

Seeing as 8 players are the max, 4 would be a good amount.

We're at 3 now.

• Thanks 1

Well, I guess no-one is interested (or able) in playing Mario Kart 7, so I'm calling that off.

Normal Mario Kart 8 shenanigans tonight.

That said, @Dcubed's place is currently without electricity, so we might not be able to join in tonight. So until I say otherwise, @BowserBasher will have to host.

• Thanks 1

OK, all fixed. I should be good to go then.

Don't have time to whip up a theme image though, so that will be next week.

Some insanely great racing there tonight.

Sorry @lostmario, there was no need for me to use that there.

The amazing this was that this then happened again on lap 2 and lap 3 exactly the same way. It actually helped me win the race by getting the shortcut on lap three to take the win and the GP.

(check out that bob-omb throw near the end of the thirty-second minute) ;)

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! 07/03/2024)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

(check out that bob-omb throw near the end of the thirty-second minute) ;)

leatylrs-friends.gif

You absolute swine! That was you!?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

(check out that bob-omb throw near the end of the thirty-second minute)

20130621110031hobbits-clapping.gif

• Haha 1

1HMIgiE.png

We're overdue some battle mode.

I trust that we're smart enough to eventually do all 8 courses over the night.

See you tonight at 8pm.

(it turns out that driving round in circles sometimes is the best strategy) ;)

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! 14/03/2024)