NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake - 14th November (I+II Remakes... Later) (Switch, PS5, XBox Series, PC)

Was hoping they would do I & II, but I expected it after III, sounds like we are getting the trilogy at once which would (partially?) explain the long development time.

Too early to ask for the Zenithian trilogy HD-2D remakes..?

Oh it looks wonderful :heart:

November 14th :bouncy:

THE YEAR OF THE JRPG REIGNS SUPREME!

Posted (edited)

Previews are dropping too?!

:eek:

EDIT:

Just watched this, some interesting things to note --

• difficulty modifiers seems to be making a return. 

• expanded story with input from Yuji Horii. 

• modern save system, including auto-saves. 

• new tutorials. 

• classic sound effects return, as always. Different health options. 

• day/night cycle on overworld map. 

• mini medals are back baybeeeeeee. 

• some locales updated in line with the original vision not possible in the original release. 

• coffin follows you around. 

Edited by Julius

I mean...there's nothing to say besides: Why is it so far away :(

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You say that, I say I've only got 5 months to catch up on all the other JRPGs I still haven't got to this year :laughing:

Meanwhile, @Hero-of-Time had this game Platinum'd yesterday :p

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Julius said:

• day/night cycle on overworld map. 

• mini medals are back baybeeeeeee. 

• coffin follows you around. 

These were already true for the original. There's stuff that only happens at night, baked into the plot and/or quests. Mini Medals were already there for the GB version, too. And coffins are a delightful bit of silliness for this series.

It's likely that nighttime brings about more significant visual changes, though.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

These were already true for the original. There's stuff that only happens at night, baked into the plot and/or quests. Mini Medals were already there for the GB version, too. And coffins are a delightful bit of silliness for this series.

It's likely that nighttime brings about more significant visual changes, though.

Ah that's fair, thanks for clarifying -- I haven't played the original and neither has Damiani, so I thought there was a chance that some of these things might have been true of the original if not the GB or even the Super Famicom versions (let's just ignore that the mobile version is a thing :p)

I think you're right though, it seems like nights will bring about some nice visual changes, I'm really keen to see how the game looks at different times -- especially if there are differences in lighting/backgrounds in overworld battles depending on time of day? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Was secretly hoping for "available after this presentation". :cry:

But looks absolutely beautiful.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Ike said:

Damn it Ike what are you trying to do to my wallet?! What did I ever do to you?! :p

Anywho, the official art for III and the trilogy without logos is up for this via the S-E press pages and gosh darn, they're just beautiful:

GQX7mazWEAAwbgy?format=jpg&name=medium

GQX7mZ1XEAAWjvg?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's a question -- what platform is everyone planning to pick this up for? I have this weird thing where even for remakes, especially 2D remakes, I find myself wanting to almost default to the brand it originally released on...so I'm leaning towards getting this for my Switch? But then, well, it'd surely perform a bit better on my PS5, right? Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

Also! Seems like a new vocation is being added? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Julius said:

Damn it Ike what are you trying to do to my wallet?! What did I ever do to you?! :p

It's funding for the Zenithian HD-2D remakes.

Here's a question -- what platform is everyone planning to pick this up for? I have this weird thing where even for remakes, especially 2D remakes, I find myself wanting to almost default to the brand it originally released on...so I'm leaning towards getting this for my Switch? But then, well, it'd surely perform a bit better on my PS5, right? Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

Well I've preorder on Steam and Switch so far. Probably will end up playing the Steam version, not decided yet.

19 minutes ago, Julius said:

Here's a question -- what platform is everyone planning to pick this up for? 

The one that has trophies. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The one that has trophies. 

Yeah, @Julius, what a stupid question :p

• Haha 2

The one that has a portable option :p

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

There's a collectors edition available

Hmm... Tempting. Figures are really nice merchandise to have... But I hate the in-game rewards, I don't want to support that practise.

I'll think about it.

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

The one that has a portable option :p

Artikelbild.jpg

• Haha 3

By the way, this has been glossed over, but the addition of a "Monster Tamer" class/job is really exciting. I might just make a whole new party out of the oddball jobs.

I only have a Switch, and HD-2D games always look just fine on that.

So I don't really have a choice. Not that I'd want an RPG on anything but a portable, anyway.

Sign in to follow this