Jump to content
NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl (19th November 2021)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey. @Julius. Got a favour to ask.

Have you cleaned out Ramanas Park yet? Because I have, and would appreciate a trade session to get the 4 Diamond exclusives there.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Hey. @Julius. Got a favour to ask.

Have you cleaned out Ramanas Park yet? Because I have, and would appreciate a trade session to get the 4 Diamond exclusives there.

I dropped the game after getting to where I wanted with the Living Sinnoh Dex after getting a bit tired of grinding out the Underground. I at least got the Legendary Beasts, can't remember if I got Ho-Oh though. 

Been feeling really rough the last couple of days since my booster jab, so will take a look once I'm feeling better (hopefully over the weekend) and let you know :peace:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Glen-i I'm available today from now until 15:30 or during most of this weekend (apart from a few hours around midday tomorrow and Sunday) if you still need Ho-Oh and the Legendary Beasts for your National Dex :smile: sorry for the delay, been having a tough time with some screens and games making me feel really nauseous lately, but it's getting there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Julius said:

@Glen-i I'm available today from now until 15:30 or during most of this weekend (apart from a few hours around midday tomorrow and Sunday) if you still need Ho-Oh and the Legendary Beasts for your National Dex :smile: sorry for the delay, been having a tough time with some screens and games making me feel really nauseous lately, but it's getting there! 

Tomorrow would probably be when I'm free, in that case. Any time is fine.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glen-i said:

Midday tomorrow would probably be when I'm free, in that case.

Cool, I've got a haircut at 11:00 tomorrow so will probably be back around 12:30 at the latest, that sound alright with you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Julius said:

Cool, I've got a haircut at 11:00 tomorrow so will probably be back around 12:30 at the latest, that sound alright with you? 

Cool. See ya then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Glen-i I've grabbed a Union Room, Link Code is 11235813 :peace:

Shall we trade all four across first and then trade them back? So the trio first and then end on Ho-Oh / Lugia before going back around? 

Edited by Julius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Julius said:

@Glen-i I've grabbed a Union Room, Link Code is 11235813 :peace:

Shall we trade them all four across first and then trade them back? So the trio first and then end on Ho-Oh / Lugia before going back around? 

Yep, that's a good way to do it. Be there in a couple of minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with that...

Game Freak are off their rocker. I haven't even reached 500 Pokémon in this National Pokédex yet!

Thanks a million, @Julius. Couldn't have done it without you, at least before the Home update drops.

@Ugh first aid also helped to get me a few daily swarm Pokémon that I just couldn't get.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

And with that...

Thanks a million, @Julius. Couldn't have done it without you, at least before the Home update drops.

No worries, happy to help :peace: and thanks to you again for all your help with my Sinnoh Dex! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made quite the achievement this morning.

There you go, @Dcubed. The rarest of Pokémon. An Ice type that doesn't suck!

49 wins in the Battle Tower. Anyone who's tried a similar feat can tell that it's bloody hard!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch is available now. It fixes the Global Union Room so that 8 people can be in one room at a time. It also activates the Group and Global Ranking machines in Jubilife TV.

And it also allows players to finally use the Colosseum to battle random people online.

And... That's it. If @Serebii's patch discoveries are extensive (It's been 3 and a half hours since his last update), then the GTS seems to still be unavailable!

That's beyond ridiculous if that's the case.

EDIT: An important thing to note about this patch. It adds a sort of checker to crack down on Pokémon that were cloned using the many glitches this game had.

If you cloned Pokémon this way, you may not be able to trade it to other games. This would likely include transferring it to Home when the compatibility for that gets added.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a joke! The game has been out for 4 months and it STILL isn’t finished!

GTS might as well never get added into the game at all at this point.  What a complete shitshow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for this drops tomorrow.

Darkrai's event item, the Member's Card, will be distributed by Mystery Gift from April 1st.

Arceus, however, is not gotten in the same way as the DS games. You'll need a save file of Legends: Arceus that has completed the main story.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so they did restore the Azure Flute event?

And by completed the main story, do they mean caught Arceus in Legends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh so they did restore the Azure Flute event?

And by completed the main story, do they mean caught Arceus in Legends?

Not too surprising, seeing as Oak's Letter was there in the game.

No, it says complete the main missions.

Not finished it myself, so I'm not certain what that consists of. But it doesn't sound like needing to complete the Pokédex.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Update for this drops tomorrow.

Darkrai's event item, the Member's Card, will be distributed by Mystery Gift from April 1st.

Arceus, however, is not gotten in the same way as the DS games. You'll need a save file of Legends: Arceus that has completed the main story.

Odd that they didn't just include these details in the Pokémon Presents a couple of weeks ago, when way more eyes would have been on the game awaiting updates. 

The Darkrai event is good fun, but no proper Azure Flute event for Arceus is a shame. I mean, I guess we get a better version of it in Legends: Arceus, but still...

Oh, and I've got to say, I really don't like the macrotransaction approach Pokémon has been applying since the games started coming to the Switch where you need to own the other games to get access to all of the events. Especially in the case of Arceus, it seems pretty pointless if you do need to catch Arceus first in Legends to then get another Arceus?

Not as egregious as it was in Let's Go for Mew, by any means, but still. 

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

And by completed the main story, do they mean caught Arceus in Legends?

They should've made it crystal clear, because "complete all main missions" is almost purposefully vague: they should've just said "seen credits roll" or "caught Arceus".

It doesn't say "main story missions", so from the wording and considering that catching Arceus is a Mission in Legends: Arceus and not a Quest, I would interpret that as meaning you need to catch Arceus in the game. It would be pretty odd if you only needed to see credits roll and not catch Arceus in that game, and then to just get handed one in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Julius said:

The Darkrai event is good fun, but no proper Azure Flute event for Arceus is a shame. I mean, I guess we get a better version of it in Legends: Arceus, but still...

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The save file gets you the Azure Flute and the event plays out as you expect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The save file gets you the Azure Flute and the event plays out as you expect.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, that's awesome then!:D

Now let's see some HeartGold & SoulSilver remakes to see the Sinjoh Ruins event play out :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julius said:

Now let's see some HeartGold & SoulSilver remakes to see the Sinjoh Ruins event play out :p

The only time a Pokémon remake would look almost exactly the same as the original.

HD photographs, baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well bugger me! They actually managed to finish the game at last!

Congrats.  Only took you more than 4 months post-launch to finally put out a complete product.  Don't come to me looking for applause TPC.

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Serebii suspects that GWS was ready for the update three weeks ago, but they held off to make sure the cloning glitches were properly fixed and the implemented block that prevents people from trading cloned Pokémon worked.

Considering how incredibly widespread that was when the game came out, I can believe that.

If he's right, this probably means that Home support should be coming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mystery Gift event for the Members Card (which activates the Darkrai event) is available now.

You have until the 30th of April to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×