NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tales of Eternia Vs Breath of Fire 3

so what's the opening music for Eternia PAL? (crosses fingers for the J-Pop original).

Also... Is the voice-acting the same it was in the PSone US version? (aka Tales of Destiny II voice acting)

so what's the opening music for Eternia PAL? (crosses fingers for the J-Pop original).

Also... Is the voice-acting the same it was in the PSone US version? (aka Tales of Destiny II voice acting)

Actually, I think I have muddled it with some other music from the game; possibly the end sequence (I havent finished it yet). The song is indeed J-POP and is called "Flying" or something like that - ring a bell? The music is the same as the Psone version though.

Sadly, the voiceover is also the same agonising experience; I have turned it off again, but still have the battle voices on to make them sound a bit more interesting. Farah makes such a funny sound when she gets hit multiple times.

________

Saltillo truck assembly

Edited by Johelian

I can recommend BoF3 too if you havent decided yet. Its been a while since i played it on PS1 but i remember it leaving a good impression on me. The graphics are decent and the story gets good with alot of religious innuendo. And if im not mistaken, there is a really good fishing system too which youll spend alot of time on

Yeah I sure loved BOF3 too, I remember playing it ages ago. I couldn't beat this Octopus boss that you hauled out of the sea after some Tug O' War minigame (Probably because I was 12 at the time), I might buy it again - it was a massive game.

I've been playing Eternia for some time now, whenever I've had a moment actually (this usually means late nights) and as mentioned in the PSP thread, this title is a gem. I'm pleased I finally have a chance to play something legal on my PSP, and having played Tales of Symphonia I can happily confirm the two are alike in feel and battle. The questionable voice acting is also present, but having watched a severely damaging amount of dubbed anime, I consider myself immune to the terrors described above.

My hopes of returning this in 10 days have been tarnished by an impending feeling of dread this title is going to consume my life (and PSP battery several times over). I think the fact this bares so many resemblances to Symphonia keeps me going along at it, and of course the linear battle system is still sublime in 2D. It's incredibly nice to see Summon Spirits appear under a different classification, and the "saving two world's from destruction" thing is similarly welcome.

A worthy purchase, if there ever was one. Random battles -are- a slight pain when compared to Symphonia's brilliant collision battles, but I can handle it. If only the PSP wasn't so uncomfortable to hold up and play when you're in bed. It seems all handhelds are opposed to comfortably sitting in my hands.

Heh the voice acting is a bit dodgy, especially Meredy who sounds literally braindead.

I'm at Inferia City ATM - Loving it. I've gotta say these pre-rendered backgrounds look a lot better than Symphonias 3D too, good stuff!

Heh the voice acting is a bit dodgy, especially Meredy who sounds literally braindead.

I'm at Inferia City ATM - Loving it. I've gotta say these pre-rendered backgrounds look a lot better than Symphonias 3D too, good stuff!

Aw, I liked everything about Symphonia. Even the ridiculously basic (Pokémon GBA-esque) puzzles.

Is it just me, or is this game not in any shops? Ive tried two GAME stores, a whoolworths and a whsmith, its nowhere :s

Is it just me, or is this game not in any shops? Ive tried two GAME stores, a whoolworths and a whsmith, its nowhere :s

Why not try the internet?

oh i would but i have no cash on my debit card, and lots of cash in my pocket. plus i can trade in Nintendogs and get £13 off it in GAME so that would be preferable, i hate Nintendogs

EDIT : Found it in the second GAME store i went too. and they gave me £14 for my Nintendog too! :D