NEurope

remember children, its a nintendo magazine, the whole point of the change was so it became less nursery made and more secondary school made...

the bias will remain, obviously

its not funny any more though :(

So it was before? :wtf:

Looking at the advert for EDGE mag in the mag, I'm loving the headline, "The rise and rise of Nintendo." Very positive.

its not funny any more though :(

it was never funny to begin with...

if u want cheap laughs, go buy "the thousand cheesiest jokes" book and roffle your way to september

oh and stocka, the article in edge mainly discusses the changes that are going at nintendo and stuff. edge have always interesting things to say

Looking at the advert for EDGE mag in the mag, I'm loving the headline, "The rise and rise of Nintendo." Very positive.

That caught my eye too yesterday. I went to see a copy of the new Nintendo Mag and EDGE's cover had a pic of DS Lite on it with that caption. I had to stop and read it there and then, it was too tempting (sorry WHSmith).

knightendo, thank you for the tip on the phone number. I haven't bought the mag yet so I don't know the enquiry number yet. I guess I'll go pick up my own copy tomorrow as my subscription starts next month, as far as I know.

knightendo, thank you for the tip on the phone number. I haven't bought the mag yet so I don't know the enquiry number yet. I guess I'll go pick up my own copy tomorrow as my subscription starts next month, as far as I know.

no problemo. yeh, the first issue will take up to 28 days they told me, so it looks like your first issue will be number two.

and the edge article was very good too! shame there were no previews and just one review for nintendo, but the letters page was interesting too, quite a few people attacking sony and praising nintendo... the big in japan pages were all praising them too. very good all round.

no problemo. yeh, the first issue will take up to 28 days they told me, so it looks like your first issue will be number two.

and the edge article was very good too! shame there were no previews and just one review for nintendo, but the letters page was interesting too, quite a few people attacking sony and praising nintendo... the big in japan pages were all praising them too. very good all round.

altho i agree with one of the letters saying we keep hearing reggie say how "nintendo is gonna kick some ass with its revolutionary features"

all the fans are being sucked into thinking its some sorta flux capacitator

i would like to be proven wrong tho

Agreed. The news section really irritated me. I expected a much more objective view of things, given the crop of writers on board, but I suppose I shouldn't have asked so much from an official magazine.

You know, honestly, it's funny you say that. At least to me. I was reading what Chris_ngc was referring to after reading your reply to him, to see how bad it is. I had expected it to be very pompous as it is THE nintendo magazine. To my surprise, it comes across very truthful for what it is as far as data goes. So I don't know what all the aggro is about here, unless your view starts off skewed.

Don't forget, those articles have narrow focus in the first place. For instance, 360 had just come out and so it was compared to Nintendo's current console. No reason to bring in other consoles then, within that frame of reference. So it's absurd to criticise the article for not mentioning other consoles.

As for comparing it to EDGE in terms of even-handedness, you're having a laugh :D It wouldn't be much of an official Nintendo magazine without a big emphasis and expectation on it, would it. It's like buying a cat and complaining that it doesn't fly. A cat doesn't fly, no. That's true. I don't dispute that. But you're barking up the wrong tree if you got irritated about it.

So it seems they claim they are going to have 'exclusive' information on Grasshopper's Revolution game next month. That and some new Twilight Princess shots will make a very nice issue indeed. The likely outcome though is that the Twilight Princess shots are ones we've already seen on the internet (GDC) and the exclusive information is just BS like 'Grasshopper: "The possibilities excite us etc etc."'

So it seems they claim they are going to have 'exclusive' information on Grasshopper's Revolution game next month. That and some new Twilight Princess shots will make a very nice issue indeed. The likely outcome though is that the Twilight Princess shots are ones we've already seen on the internet (GDC) and the exclusive information is just BS like 'Grasshopper: "The possibilities excite us etc etc."'

nope. the screens will be new, except they wont be exclusive to nom, because someone else will publish them around a week before

Just found this. I have to say I think its a huge improvement from the past 4 years, especially the reviews. Still got a way to go I suppose.

Bumped as its out.

Free gifts are Monkey Ball coasters and booklet on 50 Nintendo games that changed the world. Also a nice NES Donkey Kong poster.

Review scores from issue 2 if anyone’s interested:

Gamecube Reviews:

Chronicles of Narnia: 70%

Namco Museum 50th Aniversary: 26%

Fifa street 2: 39%

(wow looks like us Gamecube owners are spoiled for choice this month)

DS Reviews:

Animal crossing: 95%

Top spin 2: 74%

Resident Evil DS: 79%

Rainbow Island Revolution: 27%

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: 81%

Bust’a move DS: 72%

Previews of:

6 page preview Metroid Prime Hunters

Trauma centre

Tetris DS

New super Mario bros

Super monkey ball adventure

Metroid pinball

Tamagotchi connection

Lost magic

3 Features, An interview with the makers of Killer 7, a guide to getting online with the DS and a look at the DS lite.

The Monkey ball coasters are pretty pointless, their just bits of shiny card.

Banjo kazooie is only 39 i think, that's just crap, and come on, Mike Tyson? How doe that even deserve to be in there?

Banjo kazooie is only 39 i think, that's just crap, and come on, Mike Tyson? How doe that even deserve to be in there?

mike tyson was the first great boxing game, i remember it clearly since i was alive when it came out WINK WINK...

pff Phoenix Wright deserves a 95% at least. I hate scroing games anyway.

Do you get it with the box or is it in a plastic bag or something.

resi evil and pheonix wright deserve a few more points each- it seems that their reviews are more telling you about the game rather than if it works or is any good or not.

resi evil and pheonix wright deserve a few more points each- it seems that their reviews are more telling you about the game rather than if it works or is any good or not.

Yeah, I noticed this too actually, especially with the Animal Crossing review. Just telling you what's there and what you should do...

Undecided if this is a bad thing as it informs you as to what you will be experiencing... but then again it doesn't offer much critical analysis on the game.

Ideally, you'd be getting a mix of the two, with first half of the review teling you what the game is, the mechanics etc, and then the second part analysising it and saying if it works, does it get frustrating etc

Also, I agree with your point about Phoenix Wright, absolutely awesome game, definetly a triple A title.

About their review of that too, I found that they often spoilt the game slightly by giving actual scenarios in the game and informing you of them, so when I played that part of the case in the actual game, I allready knew what to do... which spoilt that bit slightly.

Also, their one criticism I could find within the review, and the one of the two negative points in the summary was that it is "linear", which I suppose can be true in some instances, but because you are given so many options within the game, like in the court, deciding wether to press a witness, or who to point the finger it, it makes the game feel quite Non-linear.

The other minus mark was for "frustrating if you have to replay through it if you fail a case".

Now 1) you only restart that segment, not the whole chapter,

And 2) When you screw it it's always because of your own fault and you've been damn stupid (I mean you're given 5 attempts) so when you do mess up it's your fault and so I feel the gamer would feel frustration at themselves as they are at fault, not feel frustrated at the game as it isn't it's fault.

...Can't comment on the Resi score as I haven't got the game...

Yet

Just looked on the ONM website and it says:

Hello, everyone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again, but issue three of Official Nintendo Magazine won't be in stores today. Instead, it will be on sale on 20 April.

Hello, everyone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again, but issue three of Official Nintendo Magazine won't be in stores today. Instead, it will be on sale on 20 April.

Isn't that when the NDA's end?

NDA? :confused:

National Demographic Association

its to do with some ethical crap magazines have to go through.