Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Phantasy Star Online Question

Is it worth my while investing in Phantasy Star Online (i.e the game, keyboard,modem,subscription) if I only have dial up? I realise the game was originally designed with dial up in mind for the Dreamcast but I was wondering if the Gamecube version was any different.

Also does anyone here play PSO on the Gamecube?

I wouldn't bother really now. Still buy the game if you've got a couple of friends who wanna play, it's great in normal multiplayer but I wouldn't bother for the online side of things. If you have a pc then wait for PSU

I used to play the Gamecube and Dreamcast versions quite a lot. PSO for the gamecube is fine for dial up and there’s no problem playing with people who are using broadband or anything like that.

The game has four more levels then the Dreamcast versions and more weapons more online quests and some downloadable game demos if you have a GBA and GBA link cable.

The only problem is that the amount of people online are very low (being that the games been out on the NGC for nearly 4 years now). However you only need 4 people for a game and I know a lot people still play the game regularly so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t go online still.

You could always get PSO Blue burst for PC which is the latest version released so the online population shouldn’t be too bad there.

I used to play the Gamecube and Dreamcast versions quite a lot. PSO for the gamecube is fine for dial up and there’s no problem playing with people who are using broadband or anything like that.

The game has four more levels then the Dreamcast versions and more weapons more online quests and some downloadable game demos if you have a GBA and GBA link cable.

The only problem is that the amount of people online are very low (being that the games been out on the NGC for nearly 4 years now). However you only need 4 people for a game and I know a lot people still play the game regularly so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t go online still.

You could always get PSO Blue burst for PC which is the latest version released so the online population shouldn’t be too bad there.

Wouldn't I need a fast connection Blue Burst?

Anyways thanks for all the responses. The cheapest PAL version on Amazon costs €50 and on top of that I have to get the modem and keyboard. I think it might be a little too expensive.

Wouldn't I need a fast connection Blue Burst?

Anyways thanks for all the responses. The cheapest PAL version on Amazon costs €50 and on top of that I have to get the modem and keyboard. I think it might be a little too expensive.

I read around a bit, apprently playing Blue burst online itself with dial up is no problem and no worse then on the gamecube or Dreamcast (which always seemed fine to me) however when you first download the game it will probably will take awhile because its 500megs.