N-Europe

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy (Switch)

Hero-of-Time

The first game is a bit of a QTE shitshow (but with great visuals and a nice retelling of the story) with a clunky overworld between missions (put hugely to shame by that pair of Ubisoft games we got a few years ago, kinda sad they never made any more of those).

After that it gets a bit more fun, the boss fights and QTEs get much better. The visuals really are stunning, some of the best anime art-to-game models. Especially when you consider they're replacing an anime that often completely cheaped out on their animation, this is about the best presentation the series will likely ever get.

Kinda weird also that this is seemingly just the trilogy rather than the recent Legacy re-release for PS4 that bundled in the 4th game and all DLC.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm disappointed with the undocked screen resolution. I was expecting better.

I’m disappointed with the docked resolution too! It’s a PS3 game! The Switch should have absolutely no trouble running it at 720p/1080p! It’s more powerful than Wii U undocked, let alone PS3, it shouldn’t be running worse than the last gen version!

Sounds like a rush job port here.

Good news I guess, shame about the resolution tho. The storm games are my favorite Naruto games great visuals, cool boss fights and multiplayer is fun as hell. I've played them all except one, had a 360 back then.

21 hours ago, Shorty said:

Kinda weird also that this is seemingly just the trilogy rather than the recent Legacy re-release for PS4 that bundled in the 4th game and all DLC.

Yeah I don't get this either seems kinda stupid. If they do decide to release 4 at some point I don't think it will go down well.