Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What would you want on the N64 Mini?

Ashley

I don't think it's too far fetched for Nintendo and Rare/Microsoft to strike up some kind of deal. They seem to be getting along fairly well at the moment (Minecraft cross play). An N64 classic without the Banjo games and DKR wouldn't be an N64 classic for me. If both companies could work out something re: Goldeneye that would be amazing. I'd say it's win-win for both companies, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

For my dream list I'd give a shout out for:
Top Gear Rally
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Spacestation Silicon Valley
World Driver Championship
F-Zero X + Expansion
Blast Corps
Turok 1 and 2.
Jet Force Gemini
Mario Golf and Tennis
Pokemon Snap
WWF No Mercy

Though I doubt many of them at all will actually appear.

I always thought that part of the problem with Goldeneye is who currently owns the rights to make Bond games.  Something about how the deal at the time didn't address possible re-releases down the line simply because they weren't a thing then and thus effectively now the rights are owned by someone else so they would need to be involved/compensated?  Kind of like how some TV shows had to change music when released on DVD because the original contracts didn't allow for it (because DVDs didn't exist).

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

I always thought that part of the problem with Goldeneye is who currently owns the rights to make Bond games.  Something about how the deal at the time didn't address possible re-releases down the line simply because they weren't a thing then and thus effectively now the rights are owned by someone else so they would need to be involved/compensated?  Kind of like how some TV shows had to change music when released on DVD because the original contracts didn't allow for it (because DVDs didn't exist).

That has always been the main problem. I do recall a brief period in the late noughties (2008-2010ish) where it would have actually been possible and the idea was to release Goldeneye on Wii and Xbox Live but because the Wii version wouldn't have online Nintendo were against it.

Then again it's been years since I read that so don't know if there's much truth to it.