NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The Star Wars Thread

Saw it when it came back in 3D. Don't think I'll put myself through it again—even for the Ballymena Jedi.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Phantom Menace returns to theaters this year to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

40353c9c8a7dca56dff73c8c8157dbb6.gif

Had been looking ahead to next year (Revenge of the Sith's 20th and The Force Awakens' 10th) that I'd completely forgotten this year was the 25th for TPM! Man I really hope RotS gets a re-release next year and I don't need to wait another 6...

Anyways, yeah, I'll be there, absolutely (assuming the re-release arrives over here, which I'm assuming it will). Going to see ROTJ in cinemas for the 40th last year was really special, but to experience Duel of the Fates in cinemas?

Can't wait :bouncy:

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

star-wars-phantom-menace-matt-ferguson-p

Amazing movie poster.

Absolutely an S-tier poster :bowdown: 

Matt Ferguson never misses with Star Wars, loved his ROTJ 40th one last year: 

IMG_2361-scaled.jpeg

...and just like that, I find myself in a Star Wars mood again :p

• Haha 1

Per Collider, The Acolyte is set to release this summer:

Feels like it's been virtual radio silence on the show since Celebration last year, and even that was just an event-exclusive trailer and a handful of interviews. It was a pretty damn good trailer, mind you! 

Would be reeeeeeeeeally smart of them to put a trailer for this in front of the TPM 25th anniversary showings, could really lean into setting it up with "100 years before The Phantom Menace" :D (so it's almost certainly not going to happen :p)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We get the first publicly released trailer for The Acolyte tomorrow, and it's teaser poster goes hard

GI9vL6raoAEC3MJ?format=jpg&name=large

Up there with the teaser poster greats in the series for me of The Phantom Menace...

s-l1200.jpg

...Revenge of the Sith...

s-l1200.webp

...and The Last Jedi...

the-last-jedi-poster-hd.jpg

Can't wait to see what they've got in store for us with this trailer, the one they showed at Celebration last year was hype as hell :bouncy: it's time to set the tone, Headland! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

First trailer for The Acolyte, which gets a two-episode premiere when it starts June 4th! 

And apparently it's back to business as usual with tame and boring Disney+ posters already:

Edited by Julius

22 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Looking good. I assume it's set in the High Republic?

Yep, that's right.

They've said before that it takes place towards the end of the era (100 BBY), too, so I imagine there's going to be some potential connective tissue in places to TPM (32 BBY), which I'm very excited about. 

Ahem, *Plagueis* :D

In the US ticket sales for the 25th anniversary re-release of The Phantom Menace go on sale tomorrow, and it will include an exclusive look at The Acolyte. 

Still no word on when and where in the UK these are going to be held, but I'll be shocked (and ready to riot) if the re-release doesn't make it over here :p

Tickets for Star Wars Celebration Japan 2025 have been announced as going up at the start of May, and the key art is a thing of true beauty. 

This next month figuring out if I'm going to go or not is going to be very fun and not at all stressful :laughing:

Tickets for TPM's 25th anniversary screenings are now up most places :peace: got mine, looking forward to it! :bouncy:

Finished playing Fallen Order last night. Story was good but I had to take it down to easy mode because the combat is an absolute mess. Blocking/parrying seems to work only when it wants to, which is rarely never, as opposed to your opponent who seems to have a guard meter going all the time, and this is when they're gangbanging you with attacks with multiple opponents. That aside the metroidvania-esque exploration I quite enjoyed, although some fast travel points in the worlds.

When it gets a bit cheaper I'll delve into Jedi Survivor

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm tearing up lmao. Waited, what, a decade for them to pick up the Barriss thread? And they just throw her in the thumbnail :laughing:

Super hype trailer, though I guess that's not a surprise. Tales of the Jedi was a bit of a mixed bag I found, hoping this is a little more consistent, but at least with Barriss confirmed it looks like it could stick to revealing some darker secrets like the Dooku episodes in TotJ. 

This and TPM anniversary screenings the same weekend, can't wait :bouncy:

ETA:

:D

Edited by Julius

Sign in to follow this