NEurope
Serebii

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th

I thought Fire Emblem Warriors was this year?

Warriors is this year, there's a new mainline game out next year.

I'd probably be hyped seeing all of these games if it was in a franchise I'm more interested in but considering I'm not really into Fire Emblem it feels like that particular series has been getting rammed down our throats recently!

Not bad for a series that almost got perma death'd. :p

It's a Dynasty Warriors crossover. What more do you need to know about it?

Lots really. Which characters are going to be in it? Which land will it take place in? What's the plot going to be like? Will it support amiibos?

Hyrule Warriors was a great game with a lot of differences to Dynasty Warriors.

Excited about the 3DS game but bummed out about FE Warriors being on the 3DS as well. I'd prefer it stayed exclusive to the Switch so it gives it an extra exclusive title.

Mobile game looks fun. I'm a bit disappointed that it's on android first. Seems like Nintendo are leveling the playing field, what with giving iOS Super Mario Run first. I'd rather they pick one device, whatever it may be, and stick with that or release them at the same time on both.

Not bad for a series that almost got perma death'd. :p

For people into Fire Emblem, this must be great :smile:

If anything, though, this highlights a concern I've had for a while leading into the release of the Switch where I worry that Nintendo will rely too heavily on the franchises that don't resonate as much with me. Fire Emblem is certainly in that bracket along with Animal Crossing and Advance Wars which I also expect to see return soon.

I just hope it's all balanced out with games that appeal to me!

Excited about the 3DS game but bummed out about FE Warriors being on the 3DS as well. I'd prefer it stayed exclusive to the Switch so it gives it an extra exclusive title.

I know what you're saying, and I'm guessing that you don't actually mean you wish less people had the chance to play the game, but you could see this as being just like Hyrule Warriors being on the console and handheld. Remember, Nintendo are saying the Switch is a home console. They even mentioned it a couple of times in the Direct.

Lots really. Which characters are going to be in it? Which land will it take place in? What's the plot going to be like? Will it support amiibos?

Hyrule Warriors was a great game with a lot of differences to Dynasty Warriors.

And as we approach launch, we'll learn that

I know what you're saying, and I'm guessing that you don't actually mean you wish less people had the chance to play the game, but you could see this as being just like Hyrule Warriors being on the console and handheld. Remember, Nintendo are saying the Switch is a home console. They even mentioned it a couple of times in the Direct.

It just feels like if they want to push their new console then they should keep it exclusive to encourage people to purchase it. I guess from a business standpoint it makes sense, especially when you consider how many 3DS machines are out there. Plus, I imagine this started development on both the Wii U and the 3DS at the same time, after the success of Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Mobile game looks fun. I'm a bit disappointed that it's on android first. Seems like Nintendo are leveling the playing field, what with giving iOS Super Mario Run first. I'd rather they pick one device, whatever it may be, and stick with that or release them at the same time on both.

As an Android user, I'm not. :p Though I'm still baffled why SUper Mario Run still isn't out on Android yet.

The game looks like pretty much any other mobile game of the same genre expect with a Fire Emblem skin. At least the seem to have put in quite a bit of effort with production, having voice acting and new character art. Lillina's voice actor was terrible though.

It's a Dynasty Warriors crossover. What more do you need to know about it?

First off: right back at you.

Second: I believe that the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors got more screen time than this when it was unveiled. And that was a visually downgraded port of an at that point year old game. So atless this is a piece of crap that both Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo feel ashamed of, there should be LOTS to inform me about.

So 4 Fire Emmblem announcements and its been, what, about 9 years since the last Advance Wars!?

I dare Intelligent Systems to blow new life into that franchise as they did with Fire Emblem, although not doing this in an anime/waifu type fashion would be appreciated.

First off: right back at you.

Second: I believe that the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors got more screen time than this when it was unveiled. And that was a visually downgraded port of an at that point year old game. So atless this is a piece of crap that both Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo feel ashamed of, there should be LOTS to inform me about.

We'll have a lot on it when we get closerto launch