NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

GPU 100% after startup

I'm finding this Windows 10 thing a bit of a ballache now. It's all on. New graphics card in and it keeps freezing on me randomly. Sometimes it can run for hours before it stops or less than ten minutes. Some Googling mainly kept coming back to either "update your graphics drivers" which they already were and "Windows know about it and they're working on it"

Thought I'd check about, and found the readings on my graphics card have the GPU at 100% straight from startup. Sometimes 102%. I can't see anything in the processes which is taking up all this data. I did read that it could be a bitcoin miner virus so downloaded malwarebytes which found nothing and then Hitman Pro which found "traces" of stuff and removed them, but the problem persists.

My first suggestion is in the vein of update the drivers. But rather than just updating them remove the old drivers completely and then install the latest ones fresh.

I do suggest doing the restarts when suggested.

Alternatively instead of the latest drivers, perhaps rolling back to an older version will play more nicely with what you currently have.

When I installed W10 on my new laptop, my dedicated graphics card broke, and nothing I've tried will fix it. Not sure if it was the OS upgrade or a hardware failure though...

I think it was a recent windows update causing issues - Recently windows 10 updated for me (say 2 weeks ago) and randomly using PS4 Remote play would cause my graphics card to lock up forcing a hard reboot, early last week Nvidia released a driver update and (touch wood) its not happened since.

It was really odd, because it was literally only happening for a week

I'd hazard a bet thats a similar issue you are facing, or i hope it is so simple

It doesn't seem to have happened for awhile now. However the ASUS GPU TweakII is still saying that the GPU is 100/102%, I'm hoping that it's just not reading it properly :S

When I installed W10 on my new laptop, my dedicated graphics card broke, and nothing I've tried will fix it. Not sure if it was the OS upgrade or a hardware failure though...

It's not just you though. Windows 10 has been a pain. It seems to consistently wipe my external drives without asking.