N-Europe

Darkest Dungeon

Ronnie

Is anyone else playing this? Dungeon-crawling roguelike RPG type thing. Top notch production values, intense and stressful gameplay mechanics and basically just a huge amount of fun.

IGN reviewed it yesterday

Absolutely loving it so far. It's on PC/Mac at the moment, PS4 to come in the next few months I believe...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Haven't had time to play video games the past few days (except for the occasional Rocket League session) and won't really have the time to do so until Monday.

I did, however, finish preparations for the practical course tomorrow just to be able to give Darkest Dungeon a go when it launches in 4 hours : peace:

Looking forward to it.

Edit: Played the tutorial just now and finished my first quest.

I love how the game (so far) only gives you information about the bare necessities. I hope it stays that way because I love to figure things out on my own :)

I can already say: money well spent. Randomly generated everything (I think characters and dungeons are randomly generated) and turn-based combat. It has everything I need.

Played this on the Vita and I definitely need some more time to get used to navigating the menus. It's a bit clunky but not too bad.

Presentation is top-notch. The atmosphere sucks you right in and it is immediately stressful :D

Can't wait to really dive into it next week. : peace:

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

Finished another quest last night and holy crap...shit got intense really quickly.

Two of my guys' stress meters filled up and they became paranoid...annoying little fuckers stressed out everyone else during the journey :laughing:

Was very unlucky in one fight with more than half of my attacks missing the target...almost lost a plague doctor.

I barely lived through the quest...

Still don't know what most of the mechanics are about, but with my limited free-time that's to be expected.

Absolutely love the game, though.

Glad you're enjoying it. It's heart pounding stuff at times but so much fun. Visit the blacksmith and armoury to unlock other attacks and level up your heroes. Also be careful about your party's positioning to make best use of their attacks.

Personally I turned corpses off in the options menu, it made a lot of people angry when they first introduced that mechanic so they put in an option to switch them off.

Personally I turned corpses off in the options menu, it made a lot of people angry when they first introduced that mechanic so they put in an option to switch them off.

Didn't know that was an option. I kinda like that mechanic. Maybe I'll change my mind when I progress further. :D

I really want to play this, but I have to prepare for the practical course tomorrow and in an hour it's Champions League time...

Maybe tomorrow after the practical course. : peace: