Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Digital Meditation - My Gallery (56k Nope!)

Ashley

This is a product of boredom and a lack of posting anything in a while. Shockingly its void of Buffy/Angel related work...I think. Can't recall doing any in a long time.

Constructive criticism or bitching will be appreciated.

Wallpaper (Shrunk to fit)

kristenbell.jpg

Banners

vmars1.jpg

veronicamarssig.jpg

vm-fallingapart.jpg

veronicaxmas2.jpg

juicebox.jpg

Livejournal Headers

jamesblunt1.jpg

alyson1.jpg

kristenbell1.jpg

05f552fc.jpg

thekillers1.jpg

rachelbilson1.jpg

mcfly3.jpg

Icons

dominicmonaghan1.jpgpoverty3.jpgjoshholloway1.jpgava2.jpgcarrie7.jpg

danny8.jpgdanny10.jpgdoug7.jpgdanny5.jpgdoug5.jpg

ak-01.jpgjuicebox2.jpgjuicebox4.jpgtesticicles2.jpgkc1.jpg

jb-03.jpgjb-05.jpgsm-01.jpgam-02.jpgvm01.jpg

As I said, any comments, criticisms or general bitching would be nice.

Wow, I love the kinda of craziness with all the background lines (etc) complimenting the picture and turning it into your own style. Lovely. But I'm afraid to say I think your worst piece of work is your current signature, it's still lovely, but not as much so.

Trying to think of criticism, in the one entitled alyson1.jpg I don't liek how the same person appears to be in the same place. I don't like that, it looks fine when the same person is in several little thumbnails (kinda) with borders and stuff.

And for bitching sake, you like McFly? Ewwww

Can I ask whats so confusing?

I mean that in the sence, that a lot of your stuff gets you thinking. It is almost as if each image has a story behind it, and it is hard to figure them out. Maybe it is about some TV show of or something that I just don't know of. :shakehead

Wow, I love the kinda of craziness with all the background lines (etc) complimenting the picture and turning it into your own style. Lovely. But I'm afraid to say I think your worst piece of work is your current signature, it's still lovely, but not as much so.

Trying to think of criticism, in the one entitled alyson1.jpg I don't liek how the same person appears to be in the same place. I don't like that, it looks fine when the same person is in several little thumbnails (kinda) with borders and stuff.

And for bitching sake, you like McFly? Ewwww

1. Thanks, although I love my sig. I love noir, and VM. I dunno, maybe I'll change it when I can be bothered.

2. Ah well, Alyson is hot so meh :P Nah I understand what you mean but it does kind of have a haunting element to it.

3. McFly are alright, quite a feel good band. Although a lot of the McFly stuff was done for a friend.

Whilst everything you do does indeed look nice, I think you should spread your horrisons a bit..... It's going to sound harsh, but, you seem to be stuck in a trap many people fall into and that's feeling content editing other peoples work.... I personally think you should take your skills and try to come up with something completely original... There is so much you could do, but, like I say, you seem to have fallen into this trap and I admit I did the same for ages until one day I drew something and thought hmmm, I'll colour this.... I had to do quite a bit of research on how to do it and ended up taking a really long route around it... Then I widened my search and ended up doing only original works....

But yeah, I might be wrong and you could do original work as well.... Basically, I just don't think you should waste your talents by only focussing on ONE side of the massive picture. ;)

Anyway, on a brighter note, like I said, I think you have talent. ^^;;...... And this probably won't mean to much to you as I'm not exactly a graphical master myself. lolol

Why don't you try rotating your pink dress in the first kristen bell wallpaper so she's laying flat and not sliding down head first. And perhaps erase the other horizontal kristen below KB, one wide horizontal kristen is enough, the other one kindof ruins the whole widescreen attention that's going to the pink one.

So there you go, constructive criticism on a plate for ashley. Now add my friendcode and let's race! :p

darkcloud: ive never been much of a drawing artist. i keep meaning to take more photographs and stuff and then play with those. was gonna get a fancy digital camera from jessops but they were all sold out. but thanks for the criticisms ^_^

nicolas: yeah i printed off that KB wallpaper and stuck it up (just cause I had fancy paper left over from a photography project) and thought of those things but im not sure where the psd folder is. problem is most of my work is for me so if i like it i tend to accept minor problems.

and i may need to go back to my wired router, so no MK for me :P

I'm not exactly a great drawer myself..... I can draw, but, it takes hours to come up with something as good as others can do in mins..... However, with photoshop, your drawings (if you do any at all) only really need to give you a rough outline as you can modify them with inking.... My original drawings don't look TOO much like the line art I actually end up working with. >.< lol

But yeah, even if you stick to what you doing/editing your own pics and stuff, I really think you should get to grips with other things the software you use can do even if it's just to improve your main focus. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well having said that... I didn't. I swear I will when I get time but most of my photoshopping now is for the VM forums I run, making headers and avatars and such. Keep meaning to go out with my camera and such but on the days off I have I like to do bugger all.

Anyway I decided to Photoshop for fun earlier as a bit of a rare treat and after trying to decide what to do I stumbled across a Supernatural site and decided to make a Jared Padalecki wallpaper, which helped me learn how to spell his surname. Anyway its just a silly little wallpaper to get me back into the swing of things.

jaredpadelecki.jpg

Kristen Bell has recently done a photoshoot for Maxim (which im hoping will be in the UK one as well) so I made a wallpaper. Hoping Maxim release official shots soon, as the scans are so-so. Without much further ado:

kristenbell3.jpg