NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pikmin 4 In Development

I read that as confirmation that his original statement was a bending of the truth. I am sure it will be out on the NX rather than the Wii U, but Miyamoto's ideal of nearly ready and a normal persons are quite different I think. ;)

I read that as confirmation that his original statement was a bending of the truth. I am sure it will be out on the NX rather than the Wii U, but Miyamoto's ideal of nearly ready and a normal persons are quite different I think. ;)

Get it out on launch of the NX and you've already got a great launch lineup of Pikmin and Zelda.

Get it out on launch of the NX and you've already got a great launch lineup of Pikmin and Zelda.

I see no reason why Pikmin 4 can't be ready for launch, if not ready already - considering Pikmin 3 was original meant to be for the Wii, they had ages to work on 4.

I see no reason why Pikmin 4 can't be ready for launch, if not ready already - considering Pikmin 3 was original meant to be for the Wii, they had ages to work on 4.

I think it's more likely that the game was more or less finished on Wii U, but shelved and now it's in the process of being ported to NX.

I think it's more likely that the game was more or less finished on Wii U, but shelved and now it's in the process of being ported to NX.

Just shown on the Treehouse......if only. :( However, Eurogamer did quiz Miyamoto about the status of the game.

Speaking to me today at E3, Miyamoto did not give much away - but confirmed the project was still in development.

"I've been told not to share anything about this from PR," Miyamoto laughed, "but I can tell you it is progressing."

It finally confirms what a few of us on here have been saying, Hey Pikmin was never Pikmin 4.

No doubt this will be a big title for the Switch next year.

No doubt this will be a big title for the Switch next year.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. We've known this has been in the works for quite a while now, and with Mario and Zelda entries coming this year, a Star Fox entry being years off and Pokémon in development, Nintendo are going to have to lean even more heavily on their less well known IPs (as well as start some new ones) in the coming years, and 2018 could be the first time they have to do that with the Switch (without a major AAA first/second party title such as Zelda, Pokémon or Mario, I mean).

Agreed, wholeheartedly. We've known this has been in the works for quite a while now, and with Mario and Zelda entries coming this year, a Star Fox entry being years off and Pokémon in development, Nintendo are going to have to lean even more heavily on their less well known IPs (as well as start some new ones) in the coming years, and 2018 could be the first time they have to do that with the Switch (without a major AAA first/second party title such as Zelda, Pokémon or Mario, I mean).

I imagine Smash Bros For Switch/DX will be a major tent pole release for 2018. You'll also have the Kirby and Yoshi games and you have to hope that Retro Studios game will be a major release for the year. Next years release schedule is already taking shape nicely.

Pikmin, Smash DX, Animal Crossing to join Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem already announced for next year? Probably a couple more big hitters too.

Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!! Online bingo battle and mission mode!!

And yeah next year is potentially killer already - Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem. Likely Pikmin and Smash. Possibly Pokemon and Metroid. Retros game surely!! And that Liam guy who detailed Mario and Rabbids so precisely says Mario Maker... I still think Animal Crossing for the spring to launch alongside the mobile game (a game I'm utterly certain was going to be a Wii U game).

Also think 3rd parties will start ramping up big time now it's been a success and surely Virtual Console will be in its full stride!!