N-Europe

N++ (PS4)

drahkon

Figured this could use its own thread as it's fucking amazing.

N++ is an action-puzzle platformer that’s smooth as butter, if butter ran at 60fps at 1080p. You play as a gold-thirsty ninja, trying to survive in a world designed to make that difficult. We paid a lot of attention to how this game feels: the controls are responsive, tight and precise, letting you move through the levels acrobatically, and deftly evade the deadly enemy robots that populate the strange futuristic world.

Source - PlayStation.Blog.Europe

So far I've completed 10 levels or so and tried to reach rank 1 on global highscore for one level.

HcI2ZH3.jpg

And I made it :awesome: Probably won't take long for someone to beat my score :laughing:

Posted the following in the PS4 General Discussion, but have to do it again:

OUpIwyE.jpg

I'll get it eventually as I loved N+ on 360 but at the moment I'm completely hooked on FFXIV at the moment with the FFX/X-2 Remaster on the way so I've got no time for any other games (except Spelunky but that's a whole other obsession). Good to hear ++ is good though.

Love the game. So many levels to play. : peace:

The lady played this yesterday. I thought it would be too difficult for her, but she's actually quite good.

Will get a second controller so we can do the co-op levels :)

Think I'll show her more games in the future :D

Got this the other day. I kind of love it. Some of the level designs are soo clever / fiendish they put a big smile on my face,

I do wonder if there's a bit of an issue with there being too much game? Kind of similar to Geometry Wars 3 vs Geometry Wars 2. Never finished the former since I felt a bit overwhelmed by the billion different levels, can see the same happening here.

Mainly a bit bummed because I no longer have the time or skill to try and top a couple of leaderboards like I did when N+ came out!

Highly recommend it to anyone who haven't played N+. The game engine is perfect.

Loved the shit out of coop on N+ so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

• 2 weeks later...
Co-op is fucking incredible. The levels are perfectly designed and you're mostly dependent on your partner.

Yeah me and a mate have been having a blast with this lately, the levels are so deviously designed. More so than the original too since with pretty much every level, as you say, you need both players to nail it.

Had one yesterday where I was jumping laps round this cavern, clockwise between lasers, activating bombs with every rotation so that each 'lap' was progressively tougher whilst my friend was ticking off some switches inside. Fantastic stuff, yelling at him to hurry up so I wouldn't have to do another lap.

It's great! For some reason we can't upload scores to the leaderboards in coop though? It keeps coming up with scores failed to update, or similar. Which suucckks.

Kind of hope this makes it onto PS+ at some point - deserves a wider audience!

Fantastic stuff, yelling at him to hurry up so I wouldn't have to do another lap.

Oh, that yelling. :laughing:

Whenever the lady and I play N++ it starts out quiet and relaxed and after 4 or 5 levels it ends up with: "NOOOO, FASTER, COME ON, YEEEEES"

yeah yeah, just like sex, blabla #lolnotfunny

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, that yelling. :laughing:

Whenever the lady and I play N++ it starts out quiet and relaxed and after 4 or 5 levels it ends up with: "NOOOO, FASTER, COME ON, YEEEEES"

yeah yeah, just like sex, blabla #lolnotfunny

Hahaha. Ours are more like 'kill yourself. kill yourself. HIT THE SWITCH! JESUS CHRIST!! Ahh, kill yourself' (we've turned off the option to kill the other player when you're dead)

Totally chuffed to be one of three to have beaten the hardest co-op levelin the game

2dbtm6b.jpg

Not Drako-the-mighty are you?

Also finished the last level on single player - took quite a few goes - though I was dumb enough to keep trying to get to the exit the long way (ie collecting the last bit of gold) before I noticed you could just do a large jump

k82vl.jpg

Prefect platformer, in my book. Really loving it