NEurope
Aneres11

New 3DS! Should it have more to offer?

This thread has really made me think about some things I'd like to see from the next handheld, such as having a screen that you can actually see when sitting outside in the sun :heh:

Getting one was simply my upgrade to an XL. I think there's actually at least another two NEW only in developement (I forget what). Mine's been great so far, though I didn't buy it for the intention of loads of exclusive games, but for the above to get a bigger screen. I think I was thinking of getting a normal XL then they announced this before I could buy one, then it was "just wait for this".

Plus my silver MH one is cool looking.

I'd like to see two things to upgrade. A non XL varient. Having used both original sizes, I think I prefer the smaller design.

Secondly, more software. The 3D improvement doesn't concern me and the speed of loading doesn't bother me currently.

The screens on the normal NEW one are 20% bigger than than the old 3DS, I believe.

This thread has really made me think about some things I'd like to see from the next handheld, such as having a screen that you can actually see when sitting outside in the sun :heh:

THIS x infinity!!

The 3DS is simply atrocious for this and the Vita isn't much better either, even when the screen brightness is cranked up to 11.

Did you play the original Xenoblade on Wii at all?

That was the thing for me. I did love XC(and it tempted me in this case) - but I didn't mind it being N3DS. It's, in hindsight, a really excellent idea for giving people who didn't get a go first time round on something this time round. It doesn't offer something I can't get elsewhere(for some it might, ofc) - and I think having the 3DS get lots of stuff that isn't too big-deal-esque and maybe the occasional thing that is - it won't feel too hard on those who never made the jump/make them more likely to down the line.

I played a bit on Dolphin and the combat wasn't really doing it for me. Then again, the game is sub-£25 most places now so I will probably give it another chance. Game soundtrack is really solid too.

Indeed. That's been at the very top of my handheld wishlist for a long time now. Don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon though, unless we go back to monochrome, which I actually wouldn't mind. :hehe:

Seriously, think I've mentioned this before, but I would love a modernised version of the Game Boy with an E Ink/Kindle style screen.

THIS x infinity!!

The 3DS is simply atrocious for this and the Vita isn't much better either, even when the screen brightness is cranked up to 11.

The anti-glare on the top screen of the XL is pretty good, still miles away from providing an acceptable level of clarity in direct sunlight though unfortunately. :sad:

Anyway, as for the topic of New 3DS, I was always suspicious that it could end up being low on exclusive content, so chose not to upgrade. Having said that, I did expect for there to be at least a few more N3DS exclusives on the way. :hmm: As it stands though, I'm more than happy with my 3DSXL. Managed to make G Rank solo on MH4 without the C stick, and the extra load times on certain software and Miiverse restrictions don't really bother me. ::shrug: