Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-E CoD Experiences

Call of Duty seems to come up a lot on this forum, but usually completely off topic and used in a bad light to basically sum up non Nintendo gaming. So this is for people who have actually played the series. Which games have you played, and what have been your series highs and lows?

I was introduced to the series with the original when my friend took it to one of our LAN parties. At first glance I thought "just a fairly generic FPS", but a few multiplayer matches changed my mind. The handling, unique feel of the weapons and great map design really stood out. I bought it soon after and played it a lot online, joining a clan with my friends having a dedicated server which was always bursting with activity. Team Deathmatch was the staple mode, but stuff like Search & Destroy and Capture the Flag were also great fun and worked well in a time before persistent stat tracking. Definitely amoung my favourite multiplayer experiences of any game.

Modern Warfare was my 2nd game. The single player was a blast from start to finish. From the spectactular cargo ship intro, to All Ghillied Up, then the show down at the end, definitely a high point of the series as far as single player goes. Multiplayer was also great. It had all the modes of the original, well designed maps and a new perks & level up system. It changed the feel quite a lot from the original, but I still found it to be very good online.

Modern Warfare 2 was a low point for me, the PC version got shafted. Gone were the dedicated servers and many graphics options, Activion wanted forced parity with the console versions. The single player was a disappointing mess, I can barely even remember any of it. Multiplayer added more upon the original Modern Warfare formula, but it felt too OTT and very unbalanced. Had a long break from the series after this.

I got Advanced Warfare for PS4 last year wanting to get back into the series. The single player was well constucted and enjoyable enough, didn't reach the highs of Modern Warfare 1 though. The multiplayer didn't seem as fun either, I think I'm just not a fan of the new exo suits or sci fi weapons. I might give Black Ops 3 a go if it plays more like the earlier games again.

I remember playing through World at War on coop with a friend at uni and it was brilliant. I've since played one of the others (can't remember which) but only the single player. Never tried the multi, always preferred Halo in that respect...

I'm about to head out shortly so I'll post again later but I played CoD on both the 360 and on the Wii. I had a blast on both but it was on the Wii that I gamed with other N-E folks... and we had an absolute ball with CoD!

@Zechs Merquise @lostmario @welsh_gamer @ben @Nightmare @Mokong

As the N-E Clan on the Wii, we completely dominated online. Black Ops being my stand out of the series online.

I'm about to head out shortly so I'll post again later but I played CoD on both the 360 and on the Wii. I had a blast on both but it was on the Wii that I gamed with other N-E folks... and we had an absolute ball with CoD!

@Zechs Merquise @lostmario @welsh_gamer @ben @Nightmare @Mokong

As the N-E Clan on the Wii, we completely dominated online. Black Ops being my stand out of the series online.

Nightmare & Ben are gone Kav, accept it man, They are long gone!