NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

Xbox360 help

This is not game related, but a safety issue,

ok, my dad is on holiday in Italy, any how surprisingly he told me he could a xbox360 premium pack for 320 euros, which like £210, now the thing is before i tell him to get it, i want to know that is the power cord that is with the Italian Xbox 360, is it the same as the uk one, i.e can i use it in uk power sockets, or do i have to buy a ac adapter plug like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-Universal-Travel-Adapter-All-Countries-UK-Power-Plug_W0QQitemZ6596707897QQcategoryZ19315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and if i do get some thing like this (i.e a more quality one), would there be any adverse side effects, or will any risks occur?

plz some reply ASAP, for safety reasons

Thanks

Seems alright to me, your only alternative is a super expensive step down convertor, i'd go with that. Worst it could do is surge the machine and kill it :p... naw kidding very little chance it would do that.

thanks man really appreciate it, I was awake all night thinking and researching, as you can see from my earlier post, also one more thing, Xbox 360 premium for £210 WOOT!!!

europe is meant to have standardised its power over the last few years to "230v" and as such all electrical equipment sold in the eu is meant to be able to run on that with a margin of natural fluctuation. so 220-240v is likely to be the output in every case. all that normally changes now is the shape of the plug.

however if you plug something in with advice you read on the net alone, you deserve to be flung across the room in a flash of light and a cloud of black smoke!

My mum got me a premium pack from spain for christmas and it works perfectly with a continental plug adapter thing. lol I just unplug it at night just to make sure. ^^;;

You dont need a power pack...Euro shares the same voltage all over - 220-240, all you need is a tarvel adapter for you wall socket.

If your worried, run it through a step down and a power surge unit. That'll protect your console and at worst it'll merely cut out :)

yeah i am gona buy a surge protector for it

All you need is a travel plug for the socket, nothing else.

Waste of money, all you needed was a £1 travel plug.

u can not put a price on saftey

You people are missing something. Using the one that came with the orginal xbox is as safe as the one that peop,e use in the uk, its the same one, just a different plug at the end.

Tip: When you get it, sell it for loads. Then wait a few months and get one for half the price you sold it for.

Good idea, buying a new cable was probably the best choice! :)

Sign in to follow this