NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RATM_4_EVA

Lost Garden's Controller Analysis

That was written very boringly!!

I only read the 1st few paragraphs and then skipped to the Conc.

disagree actually, I found it very interesting, the conclusion was the worst part imo.

good read.

It was a very good well written article. It not only the new genres that im looking foward to, but also the controllers implementation into the new genres, breathing a new lease of life into what are getting quite generic games. Its a shame that most of my favourite games that have been new or mixed genre have done badly at sale have not had remakes, or worse had sequels that have become more generic to suit mass markets. Battlezone by activision was a perfect example. Nintendo seem to have more of these cross genre games than any other manufacture, pikmin, metroid, SSB are all fantasitally unique games. I can't wait to see what the revolution brings.

Holy crap, that article puts Nintendo's actions into a wholly new and different light. For everyone that complains that Nintendo doesn't compete in established game types, read this, you'll most likely still complain but you'll at least understand why the Big N aren't listening to you!

Wow, thanks for the article, it's really awesome. This guy really know what he's talking about. I'll keep an eye out for this blog.

That article will be used as a reference in lots of conversations I have about why it doesn't matter that Nintendo make less sales. Despite lower sales, they're the only company making a decent proffit. In fact I would like to see if any games campany makes as large a proffit. As long as they proffit, they will always be around. I don't care how many people are enjoying the same console as me, as long as I get to enjoy it. Let the rest of the World be narrow-minded and worry about sales, because Nintendo obviously doesn't.

Excellent article! It has good knowledge of the industry, nice prose and convincing stats. One of the best I have read. Here's an exerpt I liked:

Consider this tidbit. The Xbox, which focuses on highly mature genres catering to hardcore gamers has production costs of $1.82 million a title. The Gamecube costs half as much at $822,000 a title. The real kicker is that the Nintendo DS only costs $338, 286 a title to develop for, even less than the Gameboy. Some of these costs have to do with the hardware and development kits, but for the most part they are derived from the scope of the projects. Being able to develop successful titles at 1/5th the cost of your competitors is a major boost to your bottom line.

Thus, Nintendo’s profitability and need to innovate go hand in hand. They need those new genres because the old ones quickly become too competitive and too expensive.

Sign in to follow this