NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

Etrian Mystery Dungeon (11 Sept)

It wasn't Andre doing the narrating, which instantly makes it a good review. :D

That's the name of the usual goofy GameXplain voice? Going by the Youtube comments, the EMD review was this particular voiceover guys first video - hope they kept him around.

This looks so good. It'll be going straight in the 3DS slot.

Corrected your numerous typos, Lord Ike. :wink:

Corrected your numerous typos, Lord Ike. :wink:

Haha. Well it certainly can go straight in my 3DS slot since its my Japanese 3DS that's currently in use.

My copy arrived but I'll give it a quick go if I get the chance.

This arrived today and it certainly went straight into my 3DS slot!

Only done the tutorial but I really like it so far. Reminds me of the randomly-generated Grottoes from Dragon Quest IX. I've not played a Mystery Dungeon game before, but it seems very agreeable; plus it has a fair dose of Etrian Odyssey.

My only gripe is that I went onto Miiverse and you can't post screenshots! I was looking forward to documenting the Sherwood guild's efforts throughout this.

My only gripe is that I went onto Miiverse and you can't post screenshots! I was looking forward to documenting the Sherwood guild's efforts throughout this.

Huh... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon had the same issue, but I assumed that was more to do with Pokemon Company being over-protective as usual.

Seems to be more of a Chun-Soft thing though. That's a shame.

Will have to give DCubed's copy a quick go before he starts. My purchase hinges on how the Etrian Odyssey mechanics (Never really played one of those games before) affect the gameplay.

Huh... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon had the same issue, but I assumed that was more to do with Pokemon Company being over-protective as usual.

Seems to be more of a Chun-Soft thing though. That's a shame.

The language in Etrian Odyssey games can be a bit fruity, but given what you've said I now suspect it's to do with the fact you can name your characters.

Will have to give DCubed's copy a quick go before he starts. My purchase hinges on how the Etrian Odyssey mechanics (Never really played one of those games before) affect the gameplay.

Things like the town set-up and skill trees are straight out of Etrian Odyssey, whereas the dungeon gameplay seems more Mystery Dungeon.

I'd forgotten about the grottoes in Dragon Quest IX. You'll love EMD, Grazza. :hehe: I haven't had a chance to nip to the shop today but will be making the effort over the weekend. I hope there is still a chance they will add screenshot integration to Miiverse - I see someone posted on there that the Japanese version has the capability.

The language in Etrian Odyssey games can be a bit fruity, but given what you've said I now suspect it's to do with the fact you can name your characters.

I'd probably agree, but then a game like Shin Megami Tensei 4 comes along which let's you name your character, and that works perfectly fine.

So while naming probably is the issue, I imagine it's up to the developer.

But then, if the Japanese version has the capability, I have no idea what's going on.

Started playing this this afternoon and noticed that the dlc is currently all free. I assume it might be free for the first month like the american version? If you've picked up the game then make sure you download the dlc soon even if you're not going to play the game yet.

Sign in to follow this