NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

super monkey ball (2)

hi, i loved the supermonkey ball game on the gamecube, really addictive and great multiplayer,so i bought the sequel.

it wasnt that brilliant

in many ways there were improvements, like the party games were updated, but the main game levels sucked, all of them were gimmicks and it wasnt as much skill you needed

anyone else dissappointed with this game when they played it?

I really hate that they removed the competition mode from the 2nd game. That one rocked, would have liked it to last a whole set of levels, though, instead of just 5.

For most parts, the party games are better in the 2nd game. I happen to like it more, now, as I've found several ways to complete each main level, and that keeps me on it. The only real complaint that remains is, that you can easily beat Master and Master Extra, given the 99 lives you can purchase. The original was so much harder to beat Master 10 in - I still have nightmares about Master 3 :P - three insane levels compiled into one; great stuff! :D (if you didn't know, then it determines (sp?) on the number of continues you use, and in SMB1 you won continues instead of lives :).

The series is great overall, though. Absolutely love it.

i haven't touched the second one because i still have not fully completed the first one.

I tried Master 3 about 400 times straight for more than three hours. No luck.

I mean, to get to the masters in the first place is an achievement in itself, because you got all 50 levels without a continue, then 10 experts, then 10 (i think) masters, but Master 3 is where i would coin near impossible. Like, it looks easy, but, ITS NOT. It drove me fucking insane.

Worst thing was i spent around an hour playing it a week later in training mode, and i finished it. I fluked it by falling straight into the goal from one of the square. I was like.. WTF?

*Cries a little*

Damn you super monkey ball.

Liked both of them. I'm impressed with how well the stylus works in Monkey Ball DS. Not quite as good as the analogue, but then more I play it the better it feels.

when have you played the DS one then bluestar? it says that there are minigames available on the wifi connection too!

A mate had the jap version, only had a quick blast on it though. Didn't have a look at the wifi stuff, but it was all in japanese anyway!

SMB2 felt like luck was needed as much as skill, too much of the time. Too many moving set pieces and wierd obstructions for me.

One thing I did notice when I was playing it, you seem to get an extra life every 10 or so bananas!

I likws super monkey ball 2, not quite as much as the first one but it was still really fun, especially the later levels. I hope Monkeyball DS is online! That would be great but of its not I don't mind, it just means i'd have more time to upper my wins on Mario kart. Some levels were a bit too weird, there was tons of moving objects etc and u just had to hope for the best and try and get lucky on some levels.

yeah, can you remember struggling with the giant comb level on advanced, and switch inferno on hard. i found out how to do switch inferno on an faq and its like wtf

I prefer 2 to 1, mainly because i play multi more that single player. But as others have said, later levels are too reliant on luck.

Never had 1, but 2 is excellent - multi-player its fantastic! Me and my mates played throughout the night :D

Sign in to follow this