NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jav_NE

Rant...

Who here is in a long term relationship? (i know there are some.. if not many)

Ever lived with them?

Advice... DONT!

Nag nag nag nag nag, even after 7 months living with one, it doesnt get better, worse it gets, worse and worse, less sex, less everything, more 'have you done the washing up', 'have you cleaned the bathroom', 'why havnt you got dinner, you never consider me!'.. i tell ya.

anyway sorry, just had to vent my frustration, heres to being single!

Long term relationships do work, just like you and your OH aren't overly compatible.

Yeh, one day i'll find the girl for me, we'll never argue and it will be bliss. I dont regret anything at least and its not on bad terms, were planning to be friends but, just sucks it didnt work out, when you with someone for so long you just kinda think, it cant go wrong. Ah well...

The trick is to never live with one! Always keep a certain distance. A relationship where you dont feel free, is a sinking ship.

The trick is to never live with one! Always keep a certain distance. A relationship where you dont feel free, is a sinking ship.

Wise words. Where were you 7 months ago?! :p

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT

FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER

Oh god is that a classic areosmith reference. If so kudos Haver, I once said to someone who liked that song and I said to them what would happen if you said those lyrics to a girl. I stay awake to hear you breathe etc, yep they would get a restraning order.

er, dude

it's kinda all about the Dawson's Creek

but I can pretend

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT

FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER

Dude get over it, Dawsons sucks :P

I havea girlfriend and all that seriousnessness stuff.

no living together.

I was with someone last year for 6 months and that all went pear shaped. It's crap, It hurts and gets you really down...

Seems like your relationship had to end when it did tho mate. If you kept hanging on it would have got worse and you may have ended up hating each other and you dont want that do you....At least if you end it now you can maybe stay friends.

Dont look back on it being a bad relationship cos of the last few weeks and how it all ended but look back and remember all the good times you had and all the fun you had together, smile and laugh about them and remember it to be some of the best few months of you life. Also never regret it. Move on.

Conflict is what makes a relationship work for fucks sake.

I've been with the same woman for 15 years plus, and we fight all the time.

The term opposites attract couldn't be truer, the only downside is you spend a good deal of your time arguing over what makes you opposites, but on the plus side you spend most of the rest of the time having sex.

just to add my two cents jav, if you wanna be friends don't ever give up on that... :)

two of my ex's i'm still friends with, one was easy because after a few months we realised we were more friends than anything and have become really close mates thru it so i'm glad we were able to get to know each other so quickly by going out. i work with her too, not many people know how we met lol so they're always saying we'd make a nice couple, but we know better lol.

the other ex tho... well, we were engaged for a while before it broke up, this is going back about five years now(!! - god i feel old all of a sudden!) and for the first year after we split things weren't good at all! we hated the sight of each other; constantly bitched about each other on our own homepages we had at the time; took ages to get over it; still hated her being with anyone else tho; even the police were involved at one stage!! but, even after all of that(!), about a year later, after about three to four months of no contact all-of-sudden she mentioned on her website how she missed me. i mentioned to a friend that i missed her as a friend and wouldn't mind giving that a shot, she emailed her without me knowing and low-and-behold we met and realised we both wanted to be friends. :) now about four years later she lives down the road from me, she even lived with me for a few weeks between houses after she split with her latest fella she was living with. we can joke about what we got up to, there's nothing but a solid friendship there now... and another nintendog-item-swapping partner ;) lol!

ok, iv waffled to get to my point of it could be easy or it could be very difficult to end up as friends but no matter how awkward it may seem to begin with it is always possible so never give up if it is what you really want :)

Well i am in a long term relationship not living together. i just wana know how long were you together before you moved in with each other?

I love living with my lady. We've lived together since August 2002 and we started dating/going out/seeing each other in April 2000. We don't fight much and when we do it's over stupid stuff that doesn't matter and we laugh about it later.

"You left the door open, that's why it's cold"

"No, it's because you turned the radiator down slightly. I left the door open but that was thinking that the radiator was at the level I'd previously left it at, I wanted it to cool but you didn't tell me you'd already adjusted the radiator."

"I did, you just didn't listen"

"No, you said you were warm, not that you'd done anything"

etc, etc ...

Okay, but why do people argue? Why cant they just share their thoughts in a civilised and respectfull manner? Why the hurt? :cry:

er, dude

it's kinda all about the Dawson's Creek

but I can pretend

Ah ok sorry my areosmith hatred blinds me to any other references :hmm:

Been living together for nearly 9 years - don't have any of the problems you mentioned Jav - if anything there is more sex (because we are in the same place at the same time more) and just like Odwin said - the arguements are more like "where are my clean socks", "in the drawer", "No they are not", "yes they are, you have not looked properly" (goes to drawer, pulls out socks...), "see!", "you just put those there, they were not there when I looked!".... etc etc.

Dawn from a womens point of view it is more men think it is less. trust me that is the way it is.

haha, its all perception then?

But it is literally more - I mean when I was only seeing him twice a week or so, it was limited, now its not cos I see him everyday. More opportunity = more sex.

Ah Jav, man! I did not know you broke up with your girl. Man that sucks! Feel really sorry for you. After having lived with someone for so long and then break up, that does not do any man good. Bah! Hey I might be visiting London in two weeks for a gaming event where I might also see you. Maybe we can meet up there, talk, and have a few drinks?

Sign in to follow this