NEurope
dazzybee

Should Nintendo go 3rd party?!

That's actually amazing, as I don't think I've ever heard of an N64 breaking at all, I always thought they were built to last. (mine still works when I last played it months ago)

It literally doesn't work any more... at all? No power and/or refusal to read cartridges?

Really genuinely surprised at this. :o

Well we are talking about over a decade ago so I don't still have it, but it did need to be replaced.

With my playstation controllers leaking shit all over itself, ps3 dying last year and my few month old vita memory card dying just now. I'd really prefer to trust Nintendo to be competent enough to make stuff which doesn't leak and break as easily and ineptly as sony.
leak??... dafuq you guys talking about??

Must be lucky, I've had no probs with my one. I do get dust from the analogue stick, but I think all controllers get this, I've just noticed it more on the black controller I guess.

Edited by Retro_Link

Problems which can be resolved if there is a will.

I hear what you're saying, but thats just it - Nintendo seem to have no will to create 'decent' hardware, with up-to-date technologies to allow for better services and entertainment value.

Quiet frankly, I see that 'we won't compete' attitude as being unable to compete. With the consoles they have made in the past 15 years or so - self-gimping and using technology that isolates them from most developers - I don't think they have it in them.

Will you bet some cash on them pulling their finger out?

Does anyone actually know what it was? Just bizarre it's even possible for it to leak...

It's just the type of rubber they used on the sticks, it breaks down and becomes sticky over time, from what I understand.

People still tolerate those awful dome sticks? I haven't used them since I realised that 360 sticks pretty much swap straight in:

PS360.jpg

Edit: Just checked my other PS3 pad that is standard and has been untouched since I got it (about 6 months). The sticks are a little moist, despite being stored away in a container since purchase. Weird.