N-Europe

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Happenstance

Watched it last week, mostly enjoyed it - didn't find it as impressive as Civil War or some others though maybe. That could be due to me being more familiar/vested in the X-Men line of stories, so not being as surprised when the films come round. To that credit - I do like how the films sometimes do different things to what's already known/expected(Storm as a horseman blew my mind when I saw the trailer, which whilst I understand has been done here and there wasn't too big a thing previously), and it adds a freshness to things, so I don't get too caught up in the continuity aspects there(though Nightcrawler notably bugged me in this).

However one problem I'm having, and I honestly never thought I'd end up saying this - I may be getting superhero film fatigue! I simply just can't always remember what happened with who and where and in what iteration to link everything together each time I see a new one! I naturally like to tie things together like that, but there's just been too much for me now.

So yeah, for me, as an X-Men film it was good, few nice little bits here and there too(post creds was excellent as well) - but not sure if I enjoyed it as much as Civil War. Which isn't something I was expecting to come out of it saying.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic